Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,891   Posts: 192,255   Members: 6,768   Active Members: 333
Welcome to our newest member, TStorm.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holding tripod with Synik 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holding tripod with Synik 30

Hello,

I am increasingly interested in a synik 30 at some point. I occasionally would like strap a travel tripod (pd tripod) on the bag. It seems like his bag might not be able to do this.

Could anyone speak to whether or not this bag fits this use case in any way? If not externally, does anyone fit a peak design tripod in the bag?

The Guide's Edition versions of the Synik/Synapse/Paragon had lash points and straps to attach things outside the bags, including tripods - there's a photo in the link below. The GE versions were discontinued due to availability of the material they were using for the diamond patches.

https://www.tombihn.com/collections/...31682667085887

If no one chimes in with a good hack, your best bet would be to find a GE on the secondary market or trade for one.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Like G42 mentioned, you can definitely strap a PD Travel Tripod at the bottom of the bag or using the ice axe loop. I do not recommend the former (bottom of the bag) especially if your PD tripod is the carbon fibre version - a heavy bag might cause damage to the tripod when you set it down on the ground. There is also more than enough space to fit the PD tripod inside the bag.

I have both the PD Travel Tripod and S30 GE and tried to take some photos yesterday, but for the life of me I cannot find the lash straps and ice axe straps. Let me see if I can find them or hack together something later today and take some photos.

Comment

Working...
      X