Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,891   Posts: 192,255   Members: 6,768   Active Members: 343
Welcome to our newest member, TStorm.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shop Bags - foldable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shop Bags - foldable?

Question: how foldable are the Shop Bags? Say, for example, I wanted to fold one up to keep in either the main pocket pouch or the bottom front pocket in a Synik 30 on an as needed basis? Doable? I‘ve never had one and I can’t tell from the photos and description if it would work (in particular, the piping has me wondering).

Originally posted by mschuermann View Post
    Question: how foldable are the Shop Bags? Say, for example, I wanted to fold one up to keep in either the main pocket pouch or the bottom front pocket in a Synik 30 on an as needed basis? Doable? I‘ve never had one and I can’t tell from the photos and description if it would work (in particular, the piping has me wondering).
    Here's maverick showing how to fold one up into it's own pocket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34bCKoCmBpU

Good info in this thread, note that some of the links are broken due to the previous Forum software change

https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...p-bag-question

I usually have a simple thin nylon bag in pouch stashed in my packs. If I want the functionality of a TB Shop Bag, I usually fold it similar to how they store & ship it (I'll try to find a photo) and put it in the main compartment with files, laptop, etc., so it's more like a flat file folder size/shape
    Last edited by G42; 09-08-2022, 07:40 PM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

I've only had Shop Bags in the original-weight Dyneema fabric - what would now be 200 Halcyon, I think? - and they fold up and fit in almost any pockets. (I really should order some zip-top ones at some point!) I'm not sure about the current fabrics' squish-ability but I'm sure a bag would fit in the bottom front pocket of the Synik 30. I can fit a large one in one of the side pockets of the Synik 22, but, again, very flexible well-used bags don't take up much space.
      (I didn't realize how old mine are until I went to look up the original orders to see the fabric - the newest one is almost twelve years old now.)

Comment

Working...
      X