Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,891   Posts: 192,255   Members: 6,768   Active Members: 343
Welcome to our newest member, TStorm.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A color question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    A color question

    Is there anywhere I can go to see a list of the various products and the colors they used to be made in? For e.g., is there a place where I can see if the Pop Tote was ever available in Sitka? thank you!

    #2
    I'll often look at Wayback Machine web archive especially for older bags and fabrics. You can also do a google search or google image search which sometimes brings up forum posts or photos or TB blog info. The product description itself is helpful like in your Pop Tote question-the fabric noted on the Pop Tote product page is 525 ballistic and Sitka is a 200d halcyon color plus most 200d halcyon has been used for interior linings, shop bags or accessories like PCSB, TT.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by threeteez View Post
      I'll often look at Wayback Machine web archive especially for older bags and fabrics. You can also do a google search or google image search which sometimes brings up forum posts or photos or TB blog info. The product description itself is helpful like in your Pop Tote question-the fabric noted on the Pop Tote product page is 525 ballistic and Sitka is a 200d halcyon color plus most 200d halcyon has been used for interior linings, shop bags or accessories like PCSB, TT.
      Thank you so much, threeteez.

      Comment


        #4
        threeteez has great suggestions and of course you can, as you did, always ask here to see if anyone knows


        I had wanted to keep track of some of the colour combos for some of my favorite items (it's easier if the item is newer or not made with as many variables) so below are the first posts in the list threads I started to tract a handful of items....

        I could probably put together a Pop Tote one pretty easily because, as threeteez mentioned, it's only been in 525 ballistic so far

        ETA: here it is
        https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...ote#post342616

        Here's where it was announced originally https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/n...e5ca7e02&_ss=r


        Cubelets https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...elet#post14167

        E/T Cubelets https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...elet#post14168

        PCSB https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...-bag#post14169

        STT https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...tray#post14161

        LTT https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...tray#post14162

        oSSB https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...-bag#post14160

        Grab Bags https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...bag#post340472
        Last edited by G42; 09-12-2022, 07:57 PM.
        I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

        Comment


          #5
          Thank you, G42!

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by ladyinblack1964 View Post
            Is there anywhere I can go to see a list of the various products and the colors they used to be made in? For e.g., is there a place where I can see if the Pop Tote was ever available in Sitka? thank you!
            Hi ladyinblack1964 Is it sufficient for me to say that the Pop Tote was never available in Sitka?

            At the time that the 525d Ballistic Nylon material that the Pop Totes were first made of debuted, there was a Sticky thread titled:
            New Bags and Colors Ready To Order

            It was a "best effort" attempt to keep up with color and fabric offerings that were in production beginning in 08-02-2015, and it covers the release of the first pop totes on 11-20-2017 (doing a filtered search on "tote" lets me link you to the first instance first post in which the Pop Tote was mentioned) I'll quote the portion about the Pop Tote below:
            Originally posted by MatthewR View Post
            11/20/2017 New Bags and Colors Ready to Order
            Framing Edition

            The following new design has been announced and will debut Monday, November 27th:

            Pop-Tote, Mars Red 525 Ballistic
            Pop-Tote, Deep Blue 525 Ballistic
            Pop-Tote, Cloud 525 Ballistic
            Pop-Tote, Black 525 Ballistic
            Pop-Tote, Olive 525 Ballistic
            Pop-Tote, Alphaviolet 525 Ballistic!


            Now, apart from the fact that the Pop Tote was only made in 525d Ballistic Nylon, and not the 200d Halcyon fabric of Sitka, I also know that the limited edition Halcyon colors of Fjord, Sitka, and Monarch, were last offered as accessories at the Little Swift Encore! release at the end of November 2016 (there was a more extended blog post that they removed when the items sold out by early January 2017).

            So even if you had adopted a solution like lining your Pop Tote with a Small Shop Bag in Sitka (a hack that Ilkyway suggested in a post in the Pop Tote debut thread where she inserted a Zest Small Shop Bag into a Navy Pop Tote, you would have had to have bought a Sitka Small Shop Bag before all the Sitka sold out fr the first time over 10 months before the Pop Tote made its debut.

            And, although they did a pretty good job on the New Bags and Colors Ready to Order thread, the start of the CoVid 19 period made all such postings wildly inaccurate, and this no longer stayed around as a sticky thread.

            HTH

            moriond

            Last edited by moriond; 09-12-2022, 08:05 PM.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by G42 View Post
              threeteez has great suggestions and of course you can, as you did, always ask here to see if anyone knows


              I had wanted to keep track of some of the colour combos for some of my favorite items (it's easier if the item is newer or not made with as many variables) so below are the first posts in the list threads I started to tract a handful of items....

              I could probably put together a Pop Tote one pretty easily because, as threeteez mentioned, it's only been in 525 ballistic so far

              Here's where it was announced originally https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/n...e5ca7e02&_ss=r


              Cubelets https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...elet#post14167

              E/T Cubelets https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...elet#post14168

              PCSB https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...-bag#post14169

              STT https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...tray#post14161

              LTT https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...tray#post14162

              oSSB https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...-bag#post14160
              Grab Bags https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...bag#post340472
              Sorry G42, I didn't see your post at the time I was typing up my response with links

              moriond

              ETA: I should mention that filtering on search keywords takes you to every instance where the Pop Tote is referenced in that thread, so you can see all the later colors (and can even establish when Olive was no longer made as a color option, although there's an easier way to find that out). Would have caught this all earlier if I hadn't wasted time posting a link to the hack of using as Small Shop Bag as a liner for the Pop tote and giving the extraneous information of when Sitka (and Fjord and Zest) sold out the first time --- that wasn't part o the question.
              Last edited by moriond; 09-12-2022, 08:02 PM.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by moriond View Post

                Sorry G42, I didn't see your post at the time I was typing up my response with links

                moriond
                I do that all the time!
                And you added lots more information
                I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

                Comment


                  #9
                  Thank you so much! Ah well...a Sitka Pop Tote would be a wonderful thing. So would a Dawn. One can dream...

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X