Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,955   Posts: 193,132   Members: 6,830   Active Members: 286
Welcome to our newest member, marcopolo123.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the Synapse 25 changed its shape from one version to the next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has the Synapse 25 changed its shape from one version to the next?

I'm looking for a used Synapse and I found two on eBay. I noticed that the top of the bag looks slightly different, though I'm not sure if it's just the way the bags are sitting. Has me wondering if the bag shape has changed over the years from one version to the next. This is important because I have a hefty HP ProBook 650 G4 that measures 14.85 x 10.12 x 0.95 in. that I have to fit in there. I checked in with the Tom Bihn folks and they said the 15A cache would fit, and I know the Synase fits some 15" PCs. It will be a tight squeeze, and perhaps will not fit at all. That cache is not listed on the Synapse web page, but the 15B, 15C and 15D are. I've emailed my IT department to see about getting issued a smaller laptop, but in the meantime... I'm curious. Are these bags the same, or different? Bag 1 looks more rounded at the top than Bag 2. Bag 2 looks more square to me.

Bag 1 - Black
    Bag 2 - Grey

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by luciddream928; 09-16-2022, 07:40 AM.

I know that there have been some subtle changes over the years, but don't know if they've ever changes the size/size of the main panel like that.

moriond has an amazing memory & may know more

It's a totally different look/feel/size, but the Brain Bag should be able to hold that lapop
    “Commander, I always used to consider that you had a definite anti-authoritarian streak in you.”
    “Sir?”
    “It seems that you have managed to retain this even though you are authority.”
    “Sir?”
    “That’s practically zen.”
    -Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Comment

This is interesting that you mentioned the Brain Bag. I looked at them on TB’s spot and the 15A cache isn’t listed as one of the options. I believe it would fit, though, though I’m only 5’ tall and it might be too wide for my frame.

At any rate, I wonder if maybe the 15A isn’t listed because the rail clips don’t fit the Brain Bag (or the Synapse, for that matter)?

Comment

Originally posted by luciddream928 View Post
        This is interesting that you mentioned the Brain Bag. I looked at them on TB’s spot and the 15A cache isn’t listed as one of the options. I believe it would fit, though, though I’m only 5’ tall and it might be too wide for my frame.

At any rate, I wonder if maybe the 15A isn’t listed because the rail clips don’t fit the Brain Bag (or the Synapse, for that matter)?
        Double check with the fine folks in Customer Service to confirm it fits... they simply may have missed adding it to the drop down.

I'm 5'4" and can carry a BB more comfortably than a SN30/S25 because the height bothers me more than the width, but the BB is wide.
        You can order and test pack, or try making a mockup out of a box or paper just to get an idea.
        “Commander, I always used to consider that you had a definite anti-authoritarian streak in you.”
        “Sir?”
        “It seems that you have managed to retain this even though you are authority.”
        “Sir?”
        “That’s practically zen.”
        -Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Comment

luciddream928- I peeked at those two bags on eBay and they're surely the same shape. I don't think the Synapse shape has ever changed but it certainly hasn't in the last decade. And both of those bags are relatively new, based on the fabric and label. I would chalk up the difference in how those two bags look to just how they're photographed.

Comment

Working...
          X