Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,998   Posts: 193,786   Members: 6,896   Active Members: 241
Welcome to our newest member, Kimiko.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small Cafe Bag and Aeronaut 30 …?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Cafe Bag and Aeronaut 30 …?

Does anyone know, will an underpacked Small Cafe Bag fit into the end pocket of an Aeronaut 30 okay? I assume it would take a little squishing of the material, but will it fit?

As I've mentioned elsewhere, right now I pack a Side Kick with my iPad Mini and its keyboard, maybe my e-reader and a few odds and ends and stow it into the Aeronaut thusly … as such I can one-bag it through airports, taxis, stations, etc., but if I want to entertain myself on the journey I can pop it out to use as a personal item on the airplane, train, etc.; and can also use it as a little daily carry once I reach my destination if necessary. I'm wondering, though, if a small cafe bag might not be more comfortable and more versatile for the latter use case.

Just wondering! Thanks y'all, hope you have a great holiday season! ❤️
    ---
    My Bags: Burnt Orange Medium Cafe BagSide Kick Luminary 15Co-Pilot Aeronaut 30
    Canary Large Shop Bag Dawn Large Shop BagAubergine Everyday Cubelet
    With: Island Packing CubesTravel Tray Cubelet Dawn Wallet

Why not just pack it last and flat over the top of the contents inside the main compartment?

You'd be surprised what you can cram in on top of everything once you've packed up all your other stuff.
    I own a LOT of Tom Bihn bags, but here are the ones I'm using right now:
    Everyday Carry: SK
    Hiking Daypack: Cambiata

Car Travel: SK, T45, MT
    Plane
    ​Travel: CP, TS, SZTSB

Comment

Yes, it will fit. A SCB is the size of two SKs put back to back, so if you can easily fit your SK in the pocket, a SCB will fit too.
      A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TT - Sitka

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heart’s desire: a S19 or S25 in original NORDIC.

Comment

Working...
      X