Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,028   Posts: 194,186   Members: 6,924   Active Members: 194
Welcome to our newest member, david5150.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Synik30 and noise canceling headphones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synik30 and noise canceling headphones

I am looking at a Synik30 as my EDC and carry on backpack. I often carry noise canceling headphones (Airpods Max) and wonder if there is a convenient pocket in the Synik30 to put them other than the main compartment or of there is a pouch I could add for it.

Hey RockyVC first post, so official Welcome to the Forums!

I don't have those headphones - maybe someone with direct experience will chime in.

Just to cross reference, here's two different threads about them in a Pilot & Co-Pilot

Anyone try to put AirPods Max in a Pilot? Curious how they would fit in a front pocket, or if they need to go in the main. I’d also have a 13” MacBook with cache in the main compartment, if that matters. Thanks!

Does anyone have 1st hand experience hauling a pair of Airpods Max in a Co-Pilot? Did they fit well or is there a better bag? I am looking for something small for flights, but I would like for it to hold a pair of Airpods Max. Also, something more on the masculine side would be great too. I don't want to look like I am carrying
    “Commander, I always used to consider that you had a definite anti-authoritarian streak in you.”
    “Sir?”
    “It seems that you have managed to retain this even though you are authority.”
    “Sir?”
    “That’s practically zen.”
    -Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Comment

Originally posted by RockyVC View Post
      I am looking at a Synik30 as my EDC and carry on backpack. I often carry noise canceling headphones (Airpods Max) and wonder if there is a convenient pocket in the Synik30 to put them other than the main compartment or of there is a pouch I could add for it.
      Having the Synik 30 myself and seeing the Max’s dimensions, the only available pocket is the main compartment, or the other stretchy main compartment. The chin pocket and the middle pocket won’t fit due to the Max’s inability to be collapsed.

I saw a picture of someone putting their Sony XM5 folded with the case under the chin of the Synik 30, and that fit just right, so assuming the Max are taller than Sony’s XM5, then it couldn’t fit anywhere else other than the main compartments.

Black/Northwest Sky Western Flyer

Comment

I have the Synik 30 and AirPods Max and can confirm that only the main compartment is big enough.

There’s definitely plenty of space so just depending on what I’m carrying I either put them in the main compartment or pouch in the “front” of the compartment.

Comment

Originally posted by benw View Post
          I have the Synik 30 and AirPods Max and can confirm that only the main compartment is big enough.

There’s definitely plenty of space so just depending on what I’m carrying I either put them in the main compartment or pouch in the “front” of the compartment.
          Welcome to the Forums benw and thanks so much for checking on that!

What colour SN30 do you have?
          “Commander, I always used to consider that you had a definite anti-authoritarian streak in you.”
          “Sir?”
          “It seems that you have managed to retain this even though you are authority.”
          “Sir?”
          “That’s practically zen.”
          -Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post

Welcome to the Forums benw and thanks so much for checking on that!

What colour SN30 do you have?
            I have burnt orange - I love the colour but do kinda wish I’d gone with something a bit more neutral.

Comment

Working...
            X