Ristretto question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ristretto question

I'm the happy owner of a Medium Cafe Bag, and with an upcoming trip planned I was intending to get a Co-Pilot. Then, Google surprised me by having UPS drop off one of their CR-48 test laptops at my office yesterday. Yes, I know, such a terrible problem to have... :-)

So now I need something that can hold the CR-48, plus the stuff I usually stuff in my Medium Cafe Bag. Looking at everything, the Ristretto for 13" MacBook seems to be about right--the CR-48 is just one inch narrower.

Basically, I need to carry the laptop, a Kindle 3, a glucose testing kit (I'm diabetic), all the assorted power cords and power supplies, my phone, my wallet, and a small paperback book. Room for a small water bottle would be nice too. So my question is: will the Ristretto fit all that stuff comfortably? I hate an overstuffed bag. Or, on the off chance there's another CR-48 owner on the boards, what do you use with it?

Thanks in advance for your replies...
    Co-Pilot (Nordic Halcyon/Wasabi), Medium Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Olive), Medium Cafe Bag (Olive/Cloud), Ristretto 13" (Black/Steel), Side Effect (Nordic Halcyon/Wasabi)

Hi Larry,

I have a 13" MacBook Ristretto, and it would be just about right for what you describe. Though I would suggest using some TB organiser pouches as the Ristretto is a tall, thin design that rewards making the most of the height of the bag. Have a look at my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqsZVo-H7SY for further description.

Eric

Comment

Hi Eric,

Thanks very much. Your video was quite informative, and it looks like the Ristretto will indeed do what I need it to do.

Larry
      Co-Pilot (Nordic Halcyon/Wasabi), Medium Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Olive), Medium Cafe Bag (Olive/Cloud), Ristretto 13" (Black/Steel), Side Effect (Nordic Halcyon/Wasabi)

Comment

OK, I did it. Just ordered a Ristretto 13" in black/steel. Can't wait to get it!

Comment

I'm sure you'll love it

Comment

Just received my Ristretto. Love it, love it, love it! Looks great and is going to work out perfectly. The Absolute strap is amazing. Bought it for my laptop, but I have a feeling it's going to be my new everyday bag, replacing my Medium Cafe Bag.

Thanks to Tom Bihn and the crew for making such great stuff!

Comment

Post a pic and let us all see!

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Crip View Post
                Post a pic and let us all see!

Eric
                I'll try to get that done as soon as I can.

Comment

Working...
                X