Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,581   Posts: 188,321   Members: 6,539   Active Members: 284
Welcome to our newest member, AndrewGxb0.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swift or Little Swift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lagolden
    replied
    Yay! The TB crew was able to ship a Swift in cork to me today! What a nice surprise. Too bad I won't be home when it gets here (I'm leaving early tomorrow morning) but it's nice to know it will be here waiting for me when I get back!

Thanks TB crew!

Leave a comment:

• dorayme
    replied
    I love my Plum Black Swift

As for Azalea, Here's a stock picture:

Though my Azalea OP and MCB are much more vibrant feeling than this picture shows.

The Plum on my Synapse is darker than IRL, but the Azalea MCB and Steel UT are showing up fairly accurate.

Leave a comment:

• lagolden
    replied
    Has anyone seen the Swift in azalea? Or plum/black? What do you think? No pics of the plum/ black that I can find. And what's the difference between ballistic nylon and Cordura? So many choices!

Leave a comment:

• dorayme
    replied
    Or order one that is in stock now, and then order a Cork in 2 months. . . IMHO Cork is worth the wait, but I also don't see anything wrong with having two Swifts.

Leave a comment:

• Walker
    replied
    The Swift Cork is worth the wait. Of course, if you aim to keep the LS Cork, you may want your Swift in another color. I think the LS Cork will be difficult to give up.

Leave a comment:

• lagolden
    replied
    Ahh, I e-mailed to change my shipping option and it turns out Swift in cork is backordered until the end of February! Didn't see that when I placed the order last night. So now what to do- order the Swift in a different color or wait 2 months for the cork to be back in stock?

Leave a comment:

• dorayme
    replied
    Maybe you need them both, the LS as a purse and as a smaller project bag. You won't be working on a blanket forever right? The larger for times when you have a larger project or two

Leave a comment:

• lagolden
    replied
    Well, I just got my LS in cork and love it! I'm a little concerned that it'll be too small for the blanket I'm working on at the moment though (once I add in a scarf or two in progress), so I just ordered a regular Swift in cork too and will decide which to keep when I can see them side by side. The smarter thing to do would have been to order both at the same time so I wouldn't have to wait again but hindsight is 20/20, right?

Leave a comment:

• marbenais
    replied
    The cork is GORGEOUS. It's definitely sturdy and does not attract yarn, thread, or pet hair.

Leave a comment:

• dorayme
    replied
    It does hold up, and I think it's worth it! It transitions well in different settings to. I thin it's easy to dress up or down and for me it goes with everything. Like the Ballistic, it's good with shedding pet hair too, it that is a consideration for you.

Leave a comment:

• lagolden
    replied
    Originally posted by bunchgrass View Post
    The number of skeins of yarn that fit in a Little Swift depends on the weight of the yarn. You can fit more skeins of sock yarn in a LS than chunky yarn. For some perspective, I can fit two hats-in-progress in my LS. I am also working on a baby afghan. It's in a tall stuff sack with two extra skeins of yarn in the bottom of the stuff sack. It fits in the regular Swift, but is too large for the LS. I can fit two medium stuff sacks containing yarn and works in progress in my LS. In my regular Swift, I can stack those same projects and find room for two more. In other words, I can fit 3-4 medium stuff sacks containing yarn and works-in-progress in my regular Swift

I hope this helps.
    Thanks, that helps a lot. I'm working on a small-mediumish blanket at the moment using bulky yarn. So the medium stuff sack can fit comfortably in the LS? Leaning toward the LS for everyday use.

Question about the cork fabric- does it hold up well to everday use? Is it worth spending $50 more for it? It looks really unique and pretty.

Leave a comment:

• marbenais
    replied
    The only concerns I have with your bag contents and the Little Swift would be the file folders -- they might get warped or creased depending on the other objects in the bag.

If you want to give us dimensions of the items, I'm sure among all of us Swift enthusiasts we can do size comparisons for you :-)

Leave a comment:

• bunchgrass
    replied
    The number of skeins of yarn that fit in a Little Swift depends on the weight of the yarn. You can fit more skeins of sock yarn in a LS than chunky yarn. For some perspective, I can fit two hats-in-progress in my LS. I am also working on a baby afghan. It's in a tall stuff sack with two extra skeins of yarn in the bottom of the stuff sack. It fits in the regular Swift, but is too large for the LS. I can fit two medium stuff sacks containing yarn and works in progress in my LS. In my regular Swift, I can stack those same projects and find room for two more. In other words, I can fit 3-4 medium stuff sacks containing yarn and works-in-progress in my regular Swift

I hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• lagolden
    replied
    How many skeins of yarn can fit in a Little Swift if nothing else was in it? Trying to judge whether to get the regular or small size.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• DQBunny
    replied
    I know you're not a fan of the two colors, but the indigo/black is a very classy combo that goes with anything. Since that's discontinued now, plum/black wouldn't be bad either.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X