Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,585   Posts: 188,394   Members: 6,557   Active Members: 310
Welcome to our newest member, Sharron99O.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3D organiser at the airport.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    3D organiser at the airport.

    Does everyone use their 3D organiser as their 3-1-1 baggie?

    Has anyone had any problems? .. just wondering in case the security folk may view it as not really a clear ziplock (due to the solid fabric sides).

    (particularly interested in Sydney, Abu Dhabi and Heathrow airports)
    List under construction ....

    #2
    I believe the 3-1-1 mandate is the main reason this organizer was invented. It does conform to TSA guidelines of volume, zip top, clear plastic.

    I've used it for a couple of years now and have never had a problem, including Heathrow Terminals 3 and 5 and several other international airports. It's so much nicer (and classier) than a plastic baggie. As someone else suggested on another thread, I've started leaving the 3D organizer hooked by a key strap to an o-ring and just pulling it outside the bag but leaving it tethered.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Kinsale View Post
      As someone else suggested on another thread, I've started leaving the 3D organizer hooked by a key strap to an o-ring and just pulling it outside the bag but leaving it tethered.
      That's what I'm planning to do. Good to hear it meets the requirements.
      List under construction ....

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by daisy View Post
        Does everyone use their 3D organiser as their 3-1-1 baggie?

        Has anyone had any problems? .. just wondering in case the security folk may view it as not really a clear ziplock (due to the solid fabric sides).

        (particularly interested in Sydney, Abu Dhabi and Heathrow airports)
        I used mine on my return flight home from Seattle, SEA, ORD, CLT and had no issues. I even had a 4oz bottle of nail polish remover that was full and was not questioned. I would not ordinarily even try to do that, and would not recommend it. . . anyway, it worked fine for that purpose. And it makes a great mini toiletry kit. It has become my travel kit because most trips (by land or air) I don't need more liquid toiletries than what I can fit into it anyway.
        I really, really like TB Bags!

        Comment


          #5
          This thread reminds me that I need to order another one. The one that I have was from when the cloudier plastic was being used, and I don't feel comfortable using it as a 3-1-1 bag. Also, you know, my makeup has claimed it as its rightful living space. . .

          Comment


            #6
            Any chance the 3D will be made in the new colors?

            Comment


              #7
              I have never had a problem using the 3D as a 3-1-1 bag, using the older plastic or the new. I read about one unsubstantiated instance where a TSA officer questioned the bag and made the traveler put their items in a Zip-Loc branded bag, but I think that can be chalked up to the arbitrary nature of US Domestic security. If security hassles you, just put the whole 3D bag into a Zip-Loc and move on

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Gabe View Post
                This thread reminds me that I need to order another one. The one that I have was from when the cloudier plastic was being used, and I don't feel comfortable using it as a 3-1-1 bag.
                Oh, is that a different kind of plastic? I thought it was just some powder to keep it from sticking to other plastic! I agree, I like the clear ones much better.

                Paula Begoun (author of The Beauty Bible and maker of Paula's Choice make-up and skincare) used to sell the BEST simple clear-plastic 3-1-1 kits that were my favorite. Unfortunately she doesn't make them anymore. That said, I love the 3D clear organizer, and I often now use it as my 3-1-1 bag because it fits the front side pocket of my Co-Pilot perfectly.

                You should have NO issues with the TSA using the cube.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by dorayme View Post
                  I even had a 4oz bottle of nail polish remover that was full and was not questioned.
                  Wooo lady you live a dangerous life!!! ;-)

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by MsMoon View Post
                    Any chance the 3D will be made in the new colors?
                    I think you'll see Azalea 3D Clear Organizer Cubes in the next few months...
                    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

                    Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Darcy, any other plans for Azalea???
                      I really, really like TB Bags!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by dorayme View Post
                        Darcy, any other plans for Azalea???
                        Azalea/Sapphire and Turquoise/Cayenne are now available for pre-order in the Small Cafe bag. We don't have anything else planned just yet, but who knows what we'll come up with tomorrow? Or next week.. or month.
                        Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

                        Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                          Azalea/Sapphire and Turquoise/Cayenne are now available for pre-order in the Small Cafe bag. We don't have anything else planned just yet, but who knows what we'll come up with tomorrow? Or next week.. or month.
                          Aroooooogah!!!!!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by daisy View Post
                            Does everyone use their 3D organiser as their 3-1-1 baggie?

                            Has anyone had any problems? .. just wondering in case the security folk may view it as not really a clear ziplock (due to the solid fabric sides).

                            (particularly interested in Sydney, Abu Dhabi and Heathrow airports)
                            I've had problems with reusable quart-sized clear bags that were not ziplock in the Cayman Islands. Then again, they make you take your laptop out of anything it's in, and they let you wear your shoes, so there you go! Now that I'm done traveling there, I'll be adding a 3D (in Azalea!!) to my next order. I'll probably always carry an extra ziplock somewhere in my luggage, just in case.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                              I think you'll see Azalea 3D Clear Organizer Cubes in the next few months...
                              I'm starting to feel like those customers who waited so long for the Synapse or TriStar. And yes, I see that you wrote months, not years, but still!!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X