Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,636   Posts: 189,031   Members: 6,622   Active Members: 300
nels
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, nels.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trip to Brazil- PANIC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    jannilee
    Forum Member

• jannilee
    replied
    Just checked and apparently they do sometimes weigh on check in. Even if you wear suit wear a jacket or overcoat with big pockets.. YouCAN doit jeffmac! Fast dry underwear and socks (wear one carry one) and a couple of shirts. Kind of clothes you need to wear might make the difference.

Leave a comment:

• Sera
    Forum Member

• Sera
    replied
    Is this 'business casual', or are you wearing a summer suit on the plane (because if you wear it, they can't weigh it...)?

Leave a comment:

• jeffmac
    Forum Member

• jeffmac
    started a topic Trip to Brazil- PANIC!

Trip to Brazil- PANIC!

OK, I need somebody to talk me off of the ledge here. I am going on a quick business trip to Brazil next week and I am having a bit of a light travel panic attack.

Leave on a Monday, fly overnight, business Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Overnight back Friday night and collapse in a heap at home Saturday afternoon.

Here is the hassle, I am flying on TAM Airlines and they have a 5KG bag weight limit! I can take one carry on and a "personal item" and I have to carry a piece of electronic equipment that weighs about 2KG on the plane to demo. I have to have a computer as well (MBPro 13) so that will tie up most of the weight in my personal carry.

So, here is where I need some encouragement. Can I pull off a 5 day trip on 3KG of weight?

I am willing to limit myself to one pair of shoes, but I am open to any great ideas on weight and packing management and could really use a "You can do this Jeff" from the choir here...

Also, any great restaurant recommendations? Sao Paulo mostly but one brief day in Rio...
Working...
X