Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,525   Posts: 187,782   Members: 6,486   Active Members: 307
Welcome to our newest member, ozzyrussell.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Bright is Iberian??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    How Bright is Iberian??

    I am about to order a black Aeronaut but cannot make up my mind on which interior color to pick. I am thinking about Iberian but am wondering is that too bright and maybe I should play it safe with Steel. Anyone out there have an opinion on Iberian? Thank you.

    #2
    I love the Iberian interior. It's a rich red; it's bright, but not not clown bright. I too was a bit leery of ordering an Aeronaut with a red interior, but I love it and think it will be much easier to see the bag's contents.

    Go for it, I'd say.

    Comment


      #3
      I don't have a bag with iberian lining but do have a packing cube shoulder bag, packing cube backpack (Aeronaut) and a few pouches....

      It is a classy colour indeed.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	bihn_bcbp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	288090
      List under construction ....

      Comment


        #4
        What Badger said.

        I have a Black/Iberian Co-Pilot. Black/Iberian is a very pretty yet gender neutral combination, if that matters.

        On its own, Iberian is a beautiful color. I have numerous other TB items in iberian.

        The steel dyneema is also very pretty. Bright colors stand out against it.

        You cannot go wrong with either one.

        I still wish the ultraviolet becomes a standard lining for TB's black bags. I have a Synapse in black/ultraviolet - it is beautiful!

        Comment


          #5
          Daisy, that's a terrific picture!
          Ego in Cardinal/Steel, Ristretto in Plum/Wasabi, Side Effect in Plum/Wasabi, Imago in Navy/Cork/Wasabi, Cafe Bags in Azalea, Turquoise, and Linen, TB Wallet, misc. pouches, and son's Brain Bag in Steel

          Comment


            #6
            I decided to be bold and ordered the Aeronaut in Black and Iberian!! Thank you.

            Comment


              #7
              Awesome choice. Oh, you WILL love the black/iberian combination! Enjoy your bag!

              Comment


                #8
                I second the motion that you will love the Black/Iberian combination. I dithered a bit on it for my Cadet - thinking that it might be too "bold" - but haven't regretted going ahead with it. Iberian is bright enough to make everything in the bag visible without being visually loud (I adore Solar, but it can be a little eye-popping against the darker colors) and the combination with black has a very sophisticated and elegant feel. Hmmm, let's see, think of either (or both!) a red silk tie against a tailored black suit or 40s-movie-star-red lipstick paired with the perfect black dress.
                Smart Alec, Cadet (11/i), Little Swift, Field Journal Notebook, Organizer Pouches, Organizer Wallet, Yarn Stuff Sacks, Key Straps, Snake Charmer, Zipper Pulls, Strapeez

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by wyldrose View Post
                  I second the motion that you will love the Black/Iberian combination. I dithered a bit on it for my Cadet - thinking that it might be too "bold" - but haven't regretted going ahead with it. Iberian is bright enough to make everything in the bag visible without being visually loud (I adore Solar, but it can be a little eye-popping against the darker colors) and the combination with black has a very sophisticated and elegant feel.

                  Hmmm, let's see, think of either (or both!) a red silk tie against a tailored black suit or 40s-movie-star-red lipstick paired with the perfect black dress.
                  I said: "Oh yeah!" for the last sentence.

                  Every red, used in Tom Bihn Bags, is sophisticated from the subtle Crimson to the fiery Iberian to the very strong Cardinal.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Carolina View Post
                    I decided to be bold and ordered the Aeronaut in Black and Iberian!! Thank you.
                    [clap clap clap!]

                    That is all.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Got it!! Love it!!! Thanks for the encouragement. Glad I listened!! Can't wait to use it!!!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Just be prepared...every time you use it you try a new packing method and find ways for it to swallow more stuff! It takes a while to develop a packing style/method that works for you. I've had my Black/Iberian Aeronaut about 10 months now and am still adjusting how and what I pack and trying it for new types of trips I didn't originally use it for...like weekends back home to visit family. I've even carried my MacBoom Pro in a Bihn Cache inside my Aeronaut; sandwiched between some soft slacks and my Eagle Creek pack-it folder and carried/stored in the trunk very carefully, of course. Enjoy and safe travels.
                        Aeronaut in Black/Iberian, Synapse in Black/Iberian, Small Cafe Bag in Linen/Steel, 4Z Horizontal Cache in Black, iPad Vertical Cache in Black, 3D Organizer Cube in Steel, Large Clear Organizer in Pouch Iberian, Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Iberian, Mini Padded Organizer Pouch in Black, Mini Organizer Pouch in Iberian, 16" Key Strap in Sapphire, 8" Key Strap in Storm

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Scattered View Post
                          Just be prepared...every time you use it you try a new packing method and find ways for it to swallow more stuff! It takes a while to develop a packing style/method that works for you. I've had my Black/Iberian Aeronaut about 10 months now and am still adjusting how and what I pack and trying it for new types of trips I didn't originally use it for...like weekends back home to visit family. I've even carried my MacBoom Pro in a Bihn Cache inside my Aeronaut; sandwiched between some soft slacks and my Eagle Creek pack-it folder and carried/stored in the trunk very carefully, of course. Enjoy and safe travels.
                          Could you tell me what size Pack-it folder you were able to use with the Aeronaut?

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X