Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,577   Posts: 188,302   Members: 6,534   Active Members: 278
Welcome to our newest member, QQYFodil79.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which side of the Ultrasuede Cloth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which side of the Ultrasuede Cloth?

Just acquired a beautiful blue Ultrasuede Cloth and wonder which side is more effective in cleaning an iPad screen?

Thanks.

I have one of these too (such a lovely blue color!) and so far both sides work great. I keep saying that I will use one side for my computer/Kindle Fire/smartphone screens and the other for my glasses (to keep body oils off my lenses) but so far can't remember to do so - and haven't seen any problems yet.
    Cocoa/wasabi LCB, black/wasabi MCB & SCB, steel/solar Aeronaut, Absolute Shoulder Strap, 5 packing cubes, olive Clear Organizer Wallet, turquoise & wasabi large clear organizer pouches, plum & black pen/pencil organizer pouches, 5 Clear/Cordura Organizer Pouches (mini & small/assorted colors), azalea 3-D Clear Organizer Cube, lapis blue & iberian Ultrasuede Screen Cloths, solar Travel Tray, 5 key straps (assorted lengths/colors), red/blue Strapeez, red Guardian Dual Function Light

Comment

Feel free to use both sides! And this is probably the one exception we'd make to machine washing an item -- feel free to put your Ultrasuede Screen Cloth in one of those netted laundry bags and machine wash it. Do not, however, put it in the dryer -- line drying works great.
      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback as well as the laundry tip!

Follow-up question-- how are people transporting the cloth? In a special little bag? Ziploc bag? Other means?

Comment

I have a new ipad with smart cover. I find the fingerprints terribly annoying, so my solution was to trim an Ultrasuede cloth so that it is about the size of the screen, then I actually store it laying flat on the screen with the smart cover over it. It works! I tend to just use the ipad around the house, and then I keep the cloth next to me and use it as a coaster for my cup of tea, etc. For me, it's been a brilliant solution. Anyone who uses my ipad knows the rule...wipe the screen clean when you're done!

Comment

Originally posted by mhowie View Post
            Thanks for the feedback as well as the laundry tip!

Follow-up question-- how are people transporting the cloth? In a special little bag? Ziploc bag? Other means?

I have a small clear fronted pouch with carries the ipad charger, hdmi adapter, camera kit and the folded cloth... I keep it handy at home and it travels with the ipad when I'm out with it. On the rare occasion I'm out with the ipad but not the pouch, I just try to ignore the fingerprints or use the lens cloth from my glasses which lives in another pouch (EDC)

Keeping it in the case on the screen is a good idea dgris! I'm just about to order another cloth so I might try that.
            List under construction ....

Comment

When the iPad is in its Ristretto or Breve, the cloth is in a zippered pocket. When the iPad is in one of the Imagos (along with my Macbook Air or HP Elitebook), the cloth is in a medium pouch with cables, power adapter, etc. I also keep a cloth in a small pouch full of iPhone paraphenalia.
              Owner of Burnt Orange/Steel Daylight Briefcase , Burnt Orange/Steel Aeronaut 45, Black Dyneema/Wasabi Pilot, Crimson/Steel Western Flyer, Forest/Steel Zephyr, Olive/Cayenne Ristretto for iPad, Olive/Cork/Steel and Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Nordic/Ultraviolet, Linen/Steel and Conifer/Steel SCB, Steel Breve, Plum/Black Swift, Steel FJN, and various packing cubes, organizer pouches, caches, and other odds and ends.

Comment

Working...
              X