Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,582   Posts: 188,368   Members: 6,552   Active Members: 301
Welcome to our newest member, LucaDebenh.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request for help from our archivists (or, "Name that Color!")

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Any word back from the huddle? No rush, no worries, I'm just curious. :-D
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

    Comment


      #17
      I vote on it being Storm. Maybe washed a few times and faded?
      WhiteStar in Colorado
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

      Comment


        #18
        Janine could you take a close up photo of the blue?

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by backpack View Post
          Janine could you take a close up photo of the blue?
          Good idea!
          http://www.tombihn.com
          1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
          Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

          Comment


            #20
            How about this?



            That's a Sapphire key strap on the top and a Storm one on the bottom.
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

            Comment


              #21
              Great picture Janine!

              Yep, it is Cordura like, or Cordura, so no clue.

              Comment


                #22
                'Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.'

                I almost spilled wine all over my keyboard. That quote sums up my entire day with research students discussing 'reliability' and 'validity' and 'psychometric properties'!!!

                Comment


                  #23
                  Color of Janine's vintage cafe bag is probably not storm

                  Originally posted by WhiteStar View Post
                  I vote on it being Storm. Maybe washed a few times and faded?
                  WhiteStar, the design of the Tom Bihn logo label on the bag is an older style, and predates the introduction of Storm as a Cordura color option in March 2008. For a better view of storm to put up in a comparison window, try the June 2011 blog post, "Welcome back, Storm". Janine, your bag might be the color designated "U.N. Blue" in the color swatch images from mid-2003. That shows up with Wasabi conveniently placed beside U.N. Blue. The color renditions from the old swatch images won't be exact, but I think if you put up comparison windows containing your bag picture, the old swatch colors, and the picture of Storm from the blog post welcoming back Storm in 2011, you may find "U.N. Blue" to be a plausible candidate for your bag color.

                  Forum readers might want to refer to Janine's parallel thread, Please indulge my obsession with the history of Tom Bihn products, for more details on the old colors.

                  moriond

                  Comment


                    #24
                    I've never seen these archival colors IRL, but what about Titanium?
                    I really, really like TB Bags!

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by moriond View Post
                      WhiteStar, the design of the Tom Bihn logo label on the bag is an older style, and predates the introduction of Storm as a Cordura color option in March 2008. For a better view of storm to put up in a comparison window, try the June 2011 blog post, "Welcome back, Storm". Janine, your bag might be the color designated "U.N. Blue" in the color swatch images from mid-2003. That shows up with Wasabi conveniently placed beside U.N. Blue. The color renditions from the old swatch images won't be exact, but I think if you put up comparison windows containing your bag picture, the old swatch colors, and the picture of Storm from the blog post welcoming back Storm in 2011, you may find "U.N. Blue" to be a plausible candidate for your bag color.

                      Forum readers might want to refer to Janine's parallel thread, Please indulge my obsession with the history of Tom Bihn products, for more details on the old colors.

                      moriond
                      Wow, thank you! U.N. Blue is a really good guess. Looks like they ran out of U.N. Blue in 2004 (http://forums.tombihn.com/tom-bihn-n...ut-id-bag.html) and unless another batch was ordered, that means my bag is at least 8 years old.

                      ps. Glitter Blue?!?!

                      pps. Darcy likes the name! (old post here)
                      Last edited by Janine; 01-31-2012, 03:43 PM. Reason: ETA: further research
                      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Mamma mia, that Cyan blue is a knockout.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Anybody know what shade of blue would be inside a Steel large cage bag?

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by darbs View Post
                            Anybody know what shade of blue would be inside a Steel large cage bag?
                            Sapphire jumps to mind .
                            http://www.tombihn.com
                            1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
                            Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              That is what I'm thinking. He says sort of a royal blue. Either way, I'm hoping I can get it!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X