Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,770   Posts: 190,608   Members: 6,653   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, bulletproofcharm.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badger
    replied
    Originally posted by Vanper View Post
    I wish for a nappy bag preferably before September
    Ooh, congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• Vanper
    replied
    I wish for a nappy bag preferably before September

Leave a comment:

• 123veo
    replied
    I wish that the iPhone/cell phone pockets in my Tom Bihn bags were bigger so that they could accommodate phones with cases...

Leave a comment:

• dmilem
    replied
    Such great ideas....I really like this one and agree completely ..

And maybe a "Super-Synapse". Exactly the same as the current bag but 20% bigger. I know that Smart Alec is intended to be in this space but the organization/pocket configuration on the Synapse is as perfect as I can imagine for a travel bag... it is just a tad small.

I ordered a Smart Alec today for my soon-to-be 12 year old son. He's currently carrying an olive Synapse and loves it, but it's just too small for his load of books. If only a larger Synapse would have been available....

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    Originally posted by moriond View Post
    Sad, but unfortunately an all too common experience. Was it the 15/13 Black/Iberian Cadet (judging from your past posts expressing admiration for this color combination)?
    Yes. I think I'm going to get a Steel dyneema Synapse to console myself.

Leave a comment:

• lagolden
    replied
    Medium Swift!

I would LOVE a medium-sized Swift. Don't get me wrong- I love my Little Swift and Swift, but an in-between size would be PERFECT. Would buy one in a heartbeat.

Goldilocks Syndrome here- one's too small for everything for the blanket I'm working on (and will be working on for ages at this rate), the other's great for holding tons of stuff but more than I need in a daily carry. Medium would be just right.

Leave a comment:

• Lani
    replied
    OK I'll take the bait. I'll also wind up carrying over some stuff from my 2011 wish list, but here goes:

#1) 3-D Clear Organizer in solid panels rather than clear, for us ladies who want discreteness (and a convertible tiny crossbody when all we want is to carry our wallet and phone).

#2) Side Effect in Dyneema

#3) A "Packing Cube Messenger Duffel" -- essentially, taking the exact same pattern of the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and enlarging it into the size of the Packing Cube Backpack. This gives us the same utility as the PC Backpack, but gives a gym bag/duffel bag/messenger bag. I love the PCSB but sometimes it's a little too small, and I want something bigger. A Packing Cube Messenger Duffel would do the same.

#4) Travel Tray with a clear bottom!

$5) More Dyneema colors!

There are more (including cafe bags and Western Flyers in Dyneema--but I don't foresee those happening), so I think that's it for now.

Leave a comment:

• KmK
    replied
    I'd like a pouch sized, say, medium and a half...big enough for a Moleskine-type notebook...perhaps in that lovely blue ultrasuede of the coveted FOT pouch (sigh!) or a sapphire Dyneema? Might be cool too to have sorting sleeves (a la organizer wallet) available in the large pouch, also.

(BTW, just added a Co-Pilot to the collection and am loving it...love the size, the fact that it's ballistic cloth, the organization, the "contained-ness" of it-- lots fits into a neat small square (ish). It will double as a EDC when I need to look a little more put together. My Cafe bags suit my personality well, but this does too in its own way... a little tidier, but also different/unique.)

Leave a comment:

• Rocks
    replied
    I'm a bike commuter and would really like to see blinky light loops on TB bags. Specifically on the Synapse! Also a smaller Aeronaut, and if that's not in the works, then I'd like to grow a few inches so it would fit me better.
    Last edited by Rocks; 02-03-2012, 03:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• calel
    replied
    Originally posted by Yonkdaddy View Post
    And maybe a "Super-Synapse". Exactly the same as the current bag but 20% bigger. I know that Smart Alec is intended to be in this space but the organization/pocket configuration on the Synapse is as perfect as I can imagine for a travel bag... it is just a tad small. And, how about considering a hydration bladder sleeve/loop on the inside of the main compartment along with a "port" for a hydration tube. Minimally, all that would be needed to add this functionality is a small loop sewn into the top of the main compartment to engage with the hook on the top of every camelbak bladder, along with a simple overlapping port at the top.

I agree with this suggestion. I'd love to see a Synapse offered in a size between the current one and the Smart Alec, basically a bag you can safely market as holding a 15" laptop, but with all the great pockets that a Synapse has and a Smart Alec lacks.

Also, I want to see the bag offered in Plum again.

Leave a comment:

• xtal
    replied
    I think you've hit the nail on the head here. I too would love to see a mega-Synapse.

Leave a comment:

• JLE
    replied
    Originally posted by moriond View Post
    I managed to sneak in the same wish into my post in the Your go-to-bag thread:
    Add my voice to the growing chorus! I hope we'll see a TS sized Aeronautic soon. I thinkit will be easier to get my running shoes into it

Leave a comment:

• Yonkdaddy
    replied
    And maybe a "Super-Synapse". Exactly the same as the current bag but 20% bigger. I know that Smart Alec is intended to be in this space but the organization/pocket configuration on the Synapse is as perfect as I can imagine for a travel bag... it is just a tad small. And, how about considering a hydration bladder sleeve/loop on the inside of the main compartment along with a "port" for a hydration tube. Minimally, all that would be needed to add this functionality is a small loop sewn into the top of the main compartment to engage with the hook on the top of every camelbak bladder, along with a simple overlapping port at the top.

Leave a comment:

• Yonkdaddy
    replied
    Still looking for a suit/sportjacket packing-cube-type accessory for Aeronaut. I do successfully get a sportcoat in mine, but some kind of innovative folder-type thing would be really great.

Leave a comment:

• DQBunny
    replied
    Originally posted by backpack View Post
    Double sided pen case(s) with slots like in the FJN for 2+2 or 4+4 pens and an Ultrasuede insert in between to protect pen from one side from scuffing the pens in the other.

The design could be easily adapted for needles with the input of TB forum knitters and Ravelry.
    This. This SO MUCH.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X