Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,777   Posts: 190,649   Members: 6,657   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, CamMattie.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd definitely like to see more bags in ballistic nylon. It's definitely one of my favorite materials.

Comment

I'd like to see a "Spartan Flyer", a lighter and simplier derivative of Western Flyer. Having same outer dimensions as WF, but only single main compartment, only one horizontal front pocket and no backstraps. Trying to squeeze the weight and improve the versatility by enabling occasional packing of bulkier things. And still maintaining the proper business outlook.

Every now and then I have such one night business trips that in addition to razor, toothbrush and notebook I only need a working overall and rubber boots in my luggage. And those boots are for sure heavy, so everything else needs to be made as lightweight as bossible. Or then I just want the space for presents bought from abroad.
      Last edited by toyryla; 02-07-2012, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Dri-lex mesh on the back panel of the Smart Alec same as on the Synapse and Brain Bag. Might be the only reason I don't own one yet. Sweaty back w just ballistic! (tmi I know!)
        Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar); Smart Alec (Cardinal/Steel)

Comment

I think the only things I would like are a travel tray and a couple of organizer pouches.

Makes me a cheap date I guess.
          Ted

SuperEgo in black/steel/wasabi; Aeronaut 45 in cardinal/steel; Horizontal Cache (2M) in charcoal; Travel Tray in Ultraviolet

Comment

Originally posted by Flinx View Post
            I think the only things I would like are a travel tray and a couple of organizer pouches.

Makes me a cheap date I guess.
            LOL...easy to please, for sure. Do you like the travel tray and OPs as they are? You don't need any changes to them, like making the OPs left-handed or adding another tier to the travel tray?
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Comment

Find a way to add cork to an ID. Instant buy.
              Expat living in Japan
              iPad RistrettoAeronautSynapseLg Shop Bag • lots of little accessory pouches - straps - and other goodies!

Now ... what else do I "need" ...

Comment

Originally posted by Janine View Post
                LOL...easy to please, for sure. Do you like the travel tray and OPs as they are? You don't need any changes to them, like making the OPs left-handed or adding another tier to the travel tray?
                Nope, I like 'em just as they are.

In fact I think I would like a travel tray to use as my catch-all (I guess it's called a valet?) for keys and other pocket items at the end of the day. Right now all that stuff just goes on top of a bookshelf by the front door and it slides all over and falls off and gets hidden under mail, etc. I could use a little organization there.
                Ted

SuperEgo in black/steel/wasabi; Aeronaut 45 in cardinal/steel; Horizontal Cache (2M) in charcoal; Travel Tray in Ultraviolet

Comment

Originally posted by toyryla View Post
                  I'd like to see a "Spartan Flyer", a lighter and simplier derivative of Western Flyer. Having same outer dimensions as WF, but only single main compartment, only one horizontal front pocket and no backstraps. Trying to squeeze the weight and improve the versatility by enabling occasional packing of bulkier things. And still maintaining the proper business outlook.
                  No hidden backpack straps? Nooooo!!!

I do, however, like the idea of just one compartment. Actually, maybe they could offer one with, and one without hidden backpack straps.

And actually, a smaller Western Flyer (hey, maybe a Northwestern Flyer, Eastern Flyer or a Pacific Flyer?) with just one front pocket (that horizontal zip one in the front) and just one main compartment? That would be an awesome weekender/carryon. Hideaway backpackstraps would still be nice, though. I like those. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by iamsarar View Post
                    I love my Med. Cafe bag. The only thing I would add to it is an O-ring in the back slip-in pocket. I would love to have keys and such back there, clipped in, worry free...
                    I'd love one that has D-rings so I could actually remove the shoulder straps, like a Risretto. It would make them more packing-friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
                      I wish that I hadn't waited so long to buy my Cadet, but I did and now the one I want won't be available until after the conference at which I had fantasized about carrying it.
                      Hmm. Which conference is that, Badger? Thanks to Katy and Brian, my TB order will come tomorrow, before I leave for a conference. And now I'm thinking maybe the Cadet instead of the new Ristretto for 13" MBP ... maybe...
                      Laura Gayle

Cadet (black/Iberian), travel tray, cache for Mac keyboard and 13" MBP, Ego, Aeronaut (steel/solar), Tri-star (steel/solar), 2 Absolute straps, 3D clear organizer cube, Swift, Ristretto (black/olive), stuff sacks (all sizes), snake charmer, 2 Kits, various organizer pouches, clear organizer wallet, 2 large Shop Bags... and a partridge in a pear tree.

Comment

Originally posted by lauragayle View Post
                        Hmm. Which conference is that, Badger? Thanks to Katy and Brian, my TB order will come tomorrow, before I leave for a conference. And now I'm thinking maybe the Cadet instead of the new Ristretto for 13" MBP ... maybe...
                        Eh--it's a large academic conference, at which at least two people will be carrying TB bags (me and my Cadet-obsessed colleague). Hopefully I'll get my IRB approval in time. Gah.

It's always awesome when stuff arrives just in the nick of time.

Comment

I'd like a 3D Organizer cube in Solar Dyneema and an Ego (Black/Navy) lined in Solar Dyneema.

I like Solar Dyneema

Comment

I'd also love a smaller Aeronaut. I know it's designed to fit all sizes, but considering that my 5'0" frame can't really handle the Brain Bag, I doubt the Aeronaut would work at all. Right now, when we travel, I put the Packing Cube Backpacks into a very, very, very large tote bag (we haven't done anything but road trips since Rosalind is still under a year old and flying with dogs is complicated), but I would love to be able to use the Aeronaut.

Comment

So far, I think I've got two items on my wish list:

1) Pilot-- I love my synapse that my wife gave me for christmas, now I want a similar shoulder bag, and I think the co-pilot might be smaller than I want for my personal item on flights.
                              2) very simple, lightweight dyneema garment bag to hold 2-3 suits plus a couple dress shirts. Just one pocket needed for ties or other loose items. Fold in half or thirds. Hook for hanging the bag over a door or rod.

Comment

Originally posted by autolycus View Post
                                So far, I think I've got two items on my wish list:
                                2) very simple, lightweight dyneema garment bag to hold 2-3 suits plus a couple dress shirts. Just one pocket needed for ties or other loose items. Fold in half or thirds. Hook for hanging the bag over a door or rod.
                                YESSSS! Or even a not quite as light weight one made in (Azalea) Cordura!!! I would love a garment bag big enough for at least three suits, a pocket for one pair of shoes, A pocket for my hose (2-3 pair) and a pocket for additional small items (hair clips, small belt rolled up, etc.) With a hook for hanging but also allow the hangers to come thru and be the hanger as well.
                                WhiteStar in Colorado
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

Comment

Working...
                                X