Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,955   Posts: 193,129   Members: 6,830   Active Members: 286
Welcome to our newest member, marcopolo123.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katy
    replied
    Originally posted by Badger View Post
    I've had the sack for at least a year or so, I think? Maybe I ordered it before I was special to you
    Aaaah ok. I was going to be upset if I missed an order from you!

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    Originally posted by Katy View Post
    Wait... did you already own this? I didn't see an order go through with your name
    I've had the sack for at least a year or so, I think? Maybe I ordered it before I was special to you

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Wait... did you already own this? I didn't see an order go through with your name

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    Would you look at that.

In an earlier post, I had complained about the ugly carrying bag for my headphones. It dawned on me the other day that I already own a TB solution to the Problem of the Fugly "Velvet" Bag: a tall yarn stuff sack.

Headphones. Now you see them,

Now you don't.

It's actually kind of embarrassing how pleased I am with myself.

Leave a comment:

• conversa
    replied
    Color:
    since I am living in WhiteStar's universe, I want a ballistic Azalea Co-Pilot
    a light and bright colored dyneema (*sigh* solar)

Bag improvement:
    a carrying handle on the SCB that is sewn upwards. the current orientation downwards always foils my back-pocket-stuffing maneuver.
    Q-AM strappable Co-Pilot (sometimes you have to run to the gate)

New product suggestion:
    a smaller handle strap for petite hands

Lani, you possess uh-mazing summation skills

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    Thanks, Katy. I'm kind of feeling like each of those exclamation points represents about 13 years

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    Mrs B got me some sweet headphones for my birthday, but there's one problem: the carrying bag is FUGLY. It's supposed to be classy, I think, but it's all linty and poorly-made and just nasty. There's no other way to describe it. What would be awesome? An Ultrasuede carry bag in FOT blue. The added benefit is that you could use the bag as a polishing mitt for your laptop screen.

Leave a comment:

• larryb
    replied
    My wish would be a backpack sized like a Smart Alec with Synapse style pockets. In cordura/dyneema colors.

Leave a comment:

• bbcamp
    replied
    This is a late entry, but I would love to see an option for the Aeronaut, Tristar, Western flyer to have [I]both backpack straps anda rolling luggage pass-through/back pocket. I use my Aeronaut as a carry-on bag quite a lot, together with a rolling suitcase. I'm thinking of a Western Flyer now, but can't decide--I want both options!

I would also be very intrigued by a re-design of the exterior pockets on the Tristar/Western Flyer, to make them a little-more usable as a briefcase.

And finally, I have long been arguing for a notepad holder (8 1/2 by 11 and A4, please) with an integrated padded pocket for a MacBook Air/iPad/Netbook. Maybe a slightly bigger FJN? One might also fit in a bluetooth keyboard, instead of the notepad.

I see from the thread a potential for a 'tool roll'--for some, pens and pencils, for others, knives, for another, knitting needles. I realize this suggests different-sized pockets, but Tom has been bending space for a while now, he'll find a way.

Oh, and while I know the idea is anathema to many on the forum, I'd like to see Tom get together with one of those rocket scientist engineers up there in Seattle and design a durable, light-weight folding luggage trolly (to fit the Aeronaut?). Some of us are getting on in years, and even with a scanner I rarely travel without 20 pounds of paper....

And one more thing: I want a complete, out of the blue, "I never saw it coming and I have to have one now!" surprise from Tom. don't you?

bb

Leave a comment:

• Tlacltme
    replied
    I wish for the return of the Turquoise/Wasabi LCB...and for the Navy/Iberian love to spread to the Co-pilot and the Western Flyer If any or all of these three appeared, I would snatch them up IMMEDIATELY!

Leave a comment:

• Kichen$ink
    replied
    I wish for a Steel/Cork/Cayenne Imago...pretty please

Leave a comment:

• darbs
    replied
    After using my Side Effect for months, I've decided I need another one...in another color. So my wish list is for more color options for the Side Effect! Cardinal/Crimson? Linen? Cocoa? Navy? (oh, Navy!) Please?!?!?!? I know it comes in Plum and Black now and I'm considering ordering the plum one, but I just don't know if I would use that color as much. Oh, what if it was in Turquoise? Or Azalea? or Forest/Conifer?

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Lani, wasn't there a request (from you, and others) for more vertical organizer pouch options? I don't think that's quite included in the above requests -- "taller and longer medium" doesn't quite cover it. Also, I'm not sure it's been discussed in this thread, but related to the organizer pouch suggestions was a request for ones suited to be used in the Field Journal Notebook. The medium is too large; the closest fit right now, as dorayme mentioned in one of her posts, is the Kindle pouch, which is slightly shorter and slimmer (with tapered design) than the medium pouch. Among the padded pouches, one that they briefly tried making for the Magic Trackpad will fit in the FJN. (I have this, and it's smaller than the SuperDrive sized pouch. It also fits the Lenovo ThinkPad ultra-bay HDD adapters for swapping extra hard drives into your laptop quite well.)

Awesome effort. Thanks for the summary.

moriond

Leave a comment:

• marbenais
    replied
    Lani, you're awesome!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X