Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,767   Posts: 190,598   Members: 6,651   Active Members: 259
Welcome to our newest member, learn2route.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which wallet to choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WhiteStar
    replied
    I can say that the Cork is really nice. I got mine a few weeks ago and like it so much I plan on ordering another one in Kiwi ballistic. (And if there is ever one available in Azalea, I'll get that too!)

I think because of the "format" of the wallet, they are all pretty much the same in terms of weight and bulk. It's basically two layers of ultrasuede, a layer of clear plastic, and your chosen outer fabric. so three of the four layes are going to be the same regardless of your chosen fabric.
    Last edited by WhiteStar; 02-10-2012, 08:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    I will say go for your favorite color unless you want a Clear Organizer Wallet with a solid front which only comes in, goes with everything, Navy Cordura.

If you have lots of credit cards/store cards/multiple transit cards, the Steel Dyneema/nylon, being the lightest, would be your first choice.

It is a very nice surprise to see the Clear Organizer Wallet in (new to me) Dyneema and Ballistic.

The Clear Organizer Wallet in Steel Dyneema/nylon and Ballistic are going to be a pleasure to use for furry pet owners and I imagine some knitters.

I would even say, get two, the Solid Navy Cordura for money and the Steel Dyneema/nylon for cards.
    Last edited by backpack; 02-09-2012, 11:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bchaplin
    started a topic Which wallet to choose?

Which wallet to choose?

Hey-
    Please help! I can't seem to make even the smallest decisions.
    I'd like to order a Tom Bihn organizer wallet. However they seem to come in at least three fabrics: dyneema, cordura and ballistic nylon. I'm familiar with all three fabrics, but not in the wallet format. Can anyone offer advice? I generally prefer the least bulky and lightest solution, which is the dyneema, but perhaps there is some disadvantage I'm not seeing, such as it being more difficult to open quickly because it is floppy rather than a stiffer fabric, etc.?
    I need to make this choice in order to complete an order I'm going to send in.
    Thanks
    Beth
Working...
X