Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,521   Posts: 187,748   Members: 6,485   Active Members: 309
Welcome to our newest member, questah043.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future of Navy/Iberian color combination in TB bags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darcy,
    Thanks for the update and for keeping hope alive. I placed my order for my N/I Tri-Star along with a couple of Iberian accessories earlier this afternoon before your post. I can hardly wait for my new bag to arrive. Maybe I'll be able to add a N/I Co-Pilot to my next order! Either way, I have one beautiful bag coming my way next week.

Comment

Thanks JLE and Darcy, even though it wasn't what I wanted to hear. Guess I should hurry and order a navy / solar Western Flyer. After all, the outside color is more important to me. Still.......

Susan

P.S.
      I just remembered that I have an Iberian Packing Cube Backpack for Tri-Star / Western Flyer that I can put into a new navy WF. I'll pretend that it's lined with both solar and Iberian, maybe even glue the PCBP in there. :-)
      Last edited by SusanM; 03-09-2012, 08:15 PM. Reason: See the P.S.

Comment

This makes me so tempted to snap up a Navy Iberian Tri-Star myself...hmmm...time to do those taxes and see what's left

Comment

Sometimes insomnia has its own rewards...

Since I couldn’t sleep, I decided to check in on the TB website, and low and behold the N/I Aeronaut is available again for pre-order. Needless to say, it’s already ordered before I miss out on it a second time. I’m so excited that my Tri-Star will soon have a matching playmate. Thank you Tom Bihn for offering this fabulous color combination again. Yippee!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JLE View Post
            Just before I ordered my black/Iberian WF I asked Katy if they were going to produce any WF in navy/Iberian (I specifically wanted the sleeve pockets, not the backpack straps), and she said there were no plans.... :-(
            Navy/Iberian would almost definitely push me over the edge on the WF order ...
            List under construction ....

Comment

Originally posted by daisy View Post
              Navy/Iberian would almost definitely push me over the edge on the WF order ...
              It is such a dilemma. There is no real hurry for me to order a new WF (other than my own enthusiasm to increase my TB collection) - I can always borrow my husband's in the short term. But I do want a new one before my Bhutan trip next year. Perhaps I should wait to see what comes down the pipeline in the next few months. After all, I suppose it will always be available in black, which I would be perfectly happy with. But N/I would match my TriStar and put me over the edge too (if I can't have Cardinal, that is, and unfortunately Katy has dashed all hope on that front...).

Comment

Originally posted by historygal View Post
                . . . low and behold the N/I Aeronaut is available again for pre-order. . . . Thank you Tom Bihn for offering this fabulous color combination again. Yippee!!!
                Awesome! I voted for the Navy/Iberian in the poll.

I am flipflopping between the Aeronaut & the Tristar.

Of course, we all know that when folks bit by the Tom Bihn bag flipflop, they end up buying both bags - just a matter of time

Comment

Hurray!! I'm getting in line as well...now if we could convince the TB crew to make a N/I Co-Pilot and N/I Synapse, I would personally be in Navy/Iberian heaven! Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                    Navy/Iberian isn't gone forever. . . .
                    Will the Tristar return in Navy/Iberian?

Or the Western Flyer (backpack and/or rolling luggage pocket)?

I hope so! I will TOTALLY flip for any of the above in this order: 1) Tristar; 2) Wstern Flyer backpack; 3) Western Flyer pocket

Comment

Just curious if there are any plans to make either the Western Flyer (backpack) or Co-Pilot in navy/iberian, now that solar will no longer be an option? I know I've mentioned it elsewhere, but KUDOS again for the advent of the navy/iberian Synapse! I've already ordered it and feel like a kid counting down the days until Cmas as I await its arrival! Happy happy joy

Comment

Originally posted by Tlacltme View Post
                        Just curious if there are any plans to make either the Western Flyer (backpack) or Co-Pilot in navy/iberian, now that solar will no longer be an option? I know I've mentioned it elsewhere, but KUDOS again for the advent of the navy/iberian Synapse! I've already ordered it and feel like a kid counting down the days until Cmas as I await its arrival! Happy happy joy
                        No plans for Navy/Iberian in either of those bags. We are making the Western Flyer in Steel/Iberian in both the Backpack Straps and Rolling Luggage Pocket versions, though.
                        Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

No plans for Navy/Iberian in either of those bags. We are making the Western Flyer in Steel/Iberian in both the Backpack Straps and Rolling Luggage Pocket versions, though.
                          What about the Tristar? Will it come back in navy with a lining other than steel?

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                            What about the Tristar? Will it come back in navy with a lining other than steel?
                            We're pretty spontaneous around here, so I can't say for sure, but I do think Navy/NewMysteryDyneemaColor is a sure thing...
                            Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

We are making the Western Flyer in Steel/Iberian in both the Backpack Straps and Rolling Luggage Pocket versions, though.
                              yay! the steel/iberian is a totally awesome color combination!!
                              -m

Comment

We're pretty spontaneous around here, so I can't say for sure, but I do think Navy/NewMysteryDyneemaColor is a sure thing...
                                navy/orange?!
                                -m

Comment

Working...
                                X