Capacity of new camera insert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capacity of new camera insert

Is the new camera insert able to accept the larger dimensions (camera height = width of insert) of a pro-body dSLR such as a Nikon D3s?

Hello Ozone,

I'm sorry that I do not have an answer to your question, but I do have similar questions. I am wondering about carrying more than one camera in this new insert.

I currently have a Digital Rebel T3 SLR camera, as well as an EF-S 18-55 kit lens and a 75-300 mm telephoto lens. In the future, if funding permits (a big "if" in this economy), I would someday like to buy a second Canon SLR body (probably a Rebel T3i) so that I do not have to swap lenses. If I had two Rebels, one wearing the 18-55 lens and the other wearing the telephoto, I'm wondering if both cameras would fit in this new Bihn insert. Would they fit, and would there be room for a couple of filters and maybe a Speedlite flash?

Inquiring minds want to know!
    Owner of: Brain Bag backpack (Black), Field Journal Notebook (Blue), Snake Charmer (Small, Orange), Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Comment

Hmmmm...

No answers?
      Owner of: Brain Bag backpack (Black), Field Journal Notebook (Blue), Snake Charmer (Small, Orange), Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Comment

I wish I had a D3s to try with, but for what it's worth my D300s with a battery grip attached fits, a little snug but it works well.

Comment

Anybody tried more than one SLR yet?

Comment

I have several full sized bodies but I also bought several other camera bags waiting for this one to come out so......

Comment

Originally posted by ozone View Post
              Is the new camera insert able to accept the larger dimensions (camera height = width of insert) of a pro-body dSLR such as a Nikon D3s?
              More than likely, no. I have my D7000, which is a decent size for being a crop sensor, and I'm making the camera insert bulge out a bit when I have my tripod plate on it. I would think with an additional inch and a half, it would be too much. I'm assuming you would have to take the lens off and store it vertically in the insert.
              Super Ego w/Seat Belt Buckle [Black/Steel/Wasabi], Cadet 13/15 [Cardinal/Steel], Aeronaut 45 [Cardinal/Steel], 13" Ristretto (Old) [Olive/Cayenne], Synapse 19 [Indigo/Iberian], Camera I/O, and a whole bunch of other goodies.

Comment

Working...
              X