Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,521   Posts: 187,739   Members: 6,485   Active Members: 309
Welcome to our newest member, questah043.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Size of Camera I/O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Size of Camera I/O

I love what I've seen of the Camera I/O, but I'm having a hard time getting a sense of the size of the bag. Looking at the videos, it seems like it would be larger than what I need, but looking at the dimensions from leviathan's post here (http://forums.tombihn.com/tom-bihn-n...uivers-16.html), it seems a little larger, but not overly so.

What I have is a Canon EOS 60D, the EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 lens, the EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens, the EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM lens, and a Speedlite 430EX Flash.

Any thoughts on whether or not the Camera I/O will be too big for my needs?

Alright. I'm going to try to help you out with a bunch of photos of my system in the Camera I/O

First, below is a picture of my Camera Insert fully loaded with everything that I am currently carrying. This goes inside of my everyday carrying bag (Super Ego).

Here is another picture without the ruler and SB-600 flash.

The next three photographs are of my camera, with a ruler to help give an indication to how large my D7000 is (short of pro/full-frame, is pretty big.) When my camera is in there, with the quick release tripod plate, it bulges out ever so slightly.

Here are the pictures of my other lenses and devices that are stored inside of the Camera I/O

Lastly, here is EVERYTHING that is in my Camera Insert. With the built in organizers, I have space at the bottom of the bag to hold my miscellanies things that I don't need on a consistant basis.

I do apologize for the quality of some of the photographs. Most of them were taken with my cell phone, and then further shrunk down to help with uploading over my phones wifi hotspot. I hope this helps you get an idea of what you can fit into the Camera I/O. If you have any other questions, just let me know and I'll try to answer them.

Edit: I guess I didn't answer your question. I'm not a 100% certain on the size of your lenses, but I'm assuming they're of the smaller, consumer variety. The camera insert may be a tad bit big for your camera system. At first I thought mine was a bit big--but the more I use it, the happier I am.
    Last edited by misterN; 05-04-2012, 09:33 AM.
    Super Ego w/Seat Belt Buckle [Black/Steel/Wasabi], Cadet 13/15 [Cardinal/Steel], Aeronaut 45 [Cardinal/Steel], 13" Ristretto (Old) [Olive/Cayenne], Synapse 19 [Indigo/Iberian], Camera I/O, and a whole bunch of other goodies.

Comment

Those photos are awesome and incredibly useful, misterN. Thank you. (Is it OK if I add them to our Camera I-O Flickr set?)
      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by mortlach View Post
        I love what I've seen of the Camera I/O, but I'm having a hard time getting a sense of the size of the bag. Looking at the videos, it seems like it would be larger than what I need, but looking at the dimensions from leviathan's post here (http://forums.tombihn.com/tom-bihn-n...uivers-16.html), it seems a little larger, but not overly so.

What I have is a Canon EOS 60D, the EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 lens, the EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens, the EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM lens, and a Speedlite 430EX Flash.

Any thoughts on whether or not the Camera I/O will be too big for my needs?
        You will have some extra space, but the big question is. Is that the only gear you plan on carrying in your camera bag long term. If you add in some spare memory cards, memory card reader, lens cleaning kit, something like a hoodman loop, spare battery, batter charger, etc. You can easily take up all of the extra space you may have. If you don't need all the accessories then then just consider any changes / additions to you set. The Camera I/O should handle what you have and probably a couple more lenses if you go for small ones, extra flash, or some big lenses if you ever replace one of yours with something like a 70 - 200 f2.8. In my experience a camera bag can never hold enough stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
          Those photos are awesome and incredibly useful, misterN. Thank you. (Is it OK if I add them to our Camera I-O Flickr set?)
          Of course it is =)
          Super Ego w/Seat Belt Buckle [Black/Steel/Wasabi], Cadet 13/15 [Cardinal/Steel], Aeronaut 45 [Cardinal/Steel], 13" Ristretto (Old) [Olive/Cayenne], Synapse 19 [Indigo/Iberian], Camera I/O, and a whole bunch of other goodies.

Comment

This was extremely helpful. It looks like my three lenses are about the same size as the three you have, and my camera body looks similar in size to yours as well. I think I see a Camera I-O bag in my future.

Comment

Originally posted by mortlach View Post
              This was extremely helpful. It looks like my three lenses are about the same size as the three you have, and my camera body looks similar in size to yours as well. I think I see a Camera I-O bag in my future.
              I am glad to be of service.

Comment

Originally posted by misterN View Post
                First, below is a picture of my Camera Insert fully loaded with everything that I am currently carrying. This goes inside of my everyday carrying bag (Super Ego).
                I'd be interested in seeing a couple of pics of the insert actually in the S.Ego. The flickr group seems to have only brainbag pics with the insert (or the insert naked)

(apologies if you've already posted them elsewhere)
                List under construction ....

Comment

Originally posted by daisy View Post
                  I'd be interested in seeing a couple of pics of the insert actually in the S.Ego. The flickr group seems to have only brainbag pics with the insert (or the insert naked)

(apologies if you've already posted them elsewhere)
                  I think we're all waiting for some great photos from misterN, but in the meantime, here's photos of the Super Ego and Ego with the Camera I-O clipped inside.

Click image for larger version

Name:	superegocameraioforum.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	288245

Click image for larger version

Name:	superegoforum2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	288246
                  Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Thanks Darcy!
                    List under construction ....

Comment

My Camera I/O arrived yesterday and it holds all of my equipment with a little room to spare. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Comment

Working...
                      X