Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,738   Posts: 190,254   Members: 6,600   Active Members: 267
Welcome to our newest member, uflbarry.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

citizen canine - ok as a mini-purse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thisisme
    replied
    Thanks, backpack.
    I've started obsessing about TB bags again, and have had a very hard at the Ristretto, and I think it's the bag for me.

I know, I know, not what I said I wanted. But, I'm thinking of the Ristretto in terms of a whole system, the system being that i would carry my shop bag in the main compartment, and wallet and other small items in the zippered area.

I feel I don't use my shop bag enough. I'm always forgetting it. I think having a bag big enough for it would be good.

I have two hairy, shedding, pets, and I just don't think the cordura of the SCB would keep as nicely as the ballistic.

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    The Small Cafe Bag is smaller than the Ristretto for iPad and a very, very, nice, cute little bundle.

Ristretto for iPad: Overall measurements: 12 x 9.25 x 4.75" / 305 x 235 x 120mm Weight: 1 lb 2 oz. / 510grams

Small Cafe Bag: measures 7.5" x 11" x 3". Weight: 11.25 oz.

I have 2, if there were a Plum/Steel I'll have 3 and if there were a Turquoise/Steel I'll have 4.

They are perfect for hot weather, when even I, streamline the stuff I carry .

Here are the dimensions of the Medium Pouch: 10.3" x 7" (260 x 180 mm).

As you can see, it is just a little bit smaller than the Small Cafe Bag, yet still fit inside. The back pocket of the Small Cafe Bag is roughly the size of a Small Pouch, you can fit 4 Mini Pouches in there.
    Last edited by backpack; 06-29-2012, 11:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WhiteStar
    replied
    Have you considered simply using an organizer pouch with the wrist strap attached? They do come in Ballistic, although not all colors are available.

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    Originally posted by thisisme View Post
    Look! I've just hijacked my own thread! :-)
    If you can't hijack your own thread, then whose can you? Hijack away.

The Ristretto is a nice little bag, and I could see the built-in iPad cache being useful for items other than an iPad.

Leave a comment:

• Lani
    replied
    I don't know how mini you want, but the Side Effect makes a very nice mini-purse.

If you want to go even smaller than that, the passport holder makes a very tiny cross-body.

Leave a comment:

• thisisme
    replied
    Originally posted by WhiteStar View Post
    I love my Citizen Canine, but it is really small. I can't even fit my iPhone (in an OtterBox Defender) in it....
    Yah. I just think it's going to be too small if I can't get a regular-sized pen and notebook in.
    My phone is pretty big too, so it might not fit.

Really cute bag though. What I like most, other than the size, is the fact that there's no flap to open.

I really like the look-and-feel of ballistic, and it looks like the Ristretto for iPad is the next smallest thing in the line up. It would be about the same size as my current purse. Certainly not a downsize, but an improvement in terms of organization--things would be easier to access (save for the need to retract the flap thing).

I do tend to carry papers around too, so the ristretto would be good for that.

Look! I've just hijacked my own thread! :-)

Leave a comment:

• WhiteStar
    replied
    I love my Citizen Canine, but it is really small. I can't even fit my iPhone (in an OtterBox Defender) in it....

Leave a comment:

• lonestar6
    replied
    Originally posted by lonestar6 View Post
    So, I am not a purse fan mostly because the keeper of the purse becomes the family Sherpa.

My wallet is a small camera case (just slightly larger than a credit card and as thick as you like within reason.

My pen is a Fisher Space Pen that fits in the top of the wallet/camera case. It all fits in my back pocket

If you are willing to make changes the canine thing might work.
    Adddendum. The camera case has a small d ring on it which maakes it TB friendly. I think TB makes a wallet now that is similar to what I describe.

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    It really is not that hard to get a smaller pen.

Leave a comment:

• lonestar6
    replied
    So, I am not a purse fan mostly because the keeper of the purse becomes the family Sherpa.

My wallet is a small camera case (just slightly larger than a credit card and as thick as you like within reason.

My pen is a Fisher Space Pen that fits in the top of the wallet/camera case. It all fits in my back pocket

If you are willing to make changes the canine thing might work.

Leave a comment:

• thisisme
    replied
    Thanks, Badger. This is sounding like a no-go.
    Oh well.

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    Originally posted by thisisme View Post
    hahaha!! You're like Pavlov :-)
    So I basically have a dollar store version of the classic Moleskine...
    I'm just looking for a downsized purse-like item. I figure if guys can walk around with just a wallet, why can't I (with lip balm too).

So you're saying a regular-sized pen won't fit?
    Anyway, before I forget, thank-you :-)
    My regular-sized pen poked out the top by about 1.5". I didn't really force it down there since there were biscuit crumbs, but that was really as far as it would go. The cinch-top of the CC also would not close easily over the top of the Field Notebook, which is sized similarly to a Moleskine but is significantly thinner.

I can actually carry all of the above items in my pants pockets (and I am not a guy). The lip balm I've recently started keeping in my bag since it's 100 freaking degrees outside.

Leave a comment:

• thisisme
    replied
    Yes, I've considered the side effect, but I'm a huge fan of the ballistic nylon. I just like the quality feel of it.

Leave a comment:

• thisisme
    replied
    hahaha!! You're like Pavlov :-)
    So I basically have a dollar store version of the classic Moleskine...
    I'm just looking for a downsized purse-like item. I figure if guys can walk around with just a wallet, why can't I (with lip balm too).

So you're saying a regular-sized pen won't fit?
    Anyway, before I forget, thank-you :-)

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    An addendum: you'd need the space in the poo bag dispenser area if you wanted to cram in a wallet, I think. There were no bags in my CC and the wallet just barely fit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X