Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,583   Posts: 188,374   Members: 6,554   Active Members: 308
Welcome to our newest member, Ahmed.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travel Tray vs Yarn Stuff Sack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scattered
    replied
    Originally posted by Shiva View Post
    Hi Folks:

in terms of function, how different is the Travel Tray from the small yarn stuff sack? i have two of the latter, and if I can use them as travel trays that would be ok with me. Can't tell if there is any substantive difference....thanks
    Thanks for raising this question...I've had the some one myself, just never got around to typing it up!

Leave a comment:

• dwright17
    replied
    Thanks so much for sharing this pic! What a sweet hamster! Lookin' good in the travel tray!

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! CUTEST photo EVER!

Leave a comment:

• Shiva
    replied
    this is the cutest thing i have seen by far....and I am not even a fan of hamsters! thank you for sharing Vanilla...what a name!

Leave a comment:

• lonestar6
    replied
    Gochicken,I am on my cell and don't have a 'LIKE' button so I will just tell you I like your photos, they made me smile.

Vanilla has very discriminating taste and looks adorable in a purple travel tray.

Leave a comment:

• gochicken
    replied
    Agree with all that has been said. The Travel Tray is more like a tray when folded down... shallow and structured and wider. The Stuff Sack can be folded, but has no support to keep it in tray configuration, and the base is much smaller than the Travel Tray. When unfolded, the two are similar.

Below is Vanilla the hamster, who is first in a folded Travel Tray, and then seen peeking out of an unfolded Travel Tray that she is using as a temporary shelter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vanilla top down.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	288327Click image for larger version

Name:	Vanilla top up.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	288326

Leave a comment:

• Walker
    replied
    I think the travel tray is a brilliant spin on an already useful design.

Leave a comment:

• Walker
    replied
    Before the travel tray debuted, I have been using my medium stuff sacks to serve the purpose. I fold the open top out to the bottom to form structure. It does not hold long, but for passing through security, good enough. I just pull it up and cinch when done. Of couse, I do the folding while waiting my turn at the conveyor.

I used same as stuff holder at hotels, etc.

I now have 3 travel trays that I use as catch-all trays at home. I draft one of them to go on travel with me as needed. The structure given by the stiffener ring is nice and I like the wider dimension.

Leave a comment:

• Shiva
    replied
    thanks Bunchgrass. That is helpful to know. had not fully registered that the travel tray is more structured, and can stand up on its own, and be more wide open and therefore have contents be visible.....

Leave a comment:

• bunchgrass
    replied
    I have both the travel tray and the small yarn stuff sack. I prefer the travel tray to the stuff sacks for holding my knitting for a variety of reasons. The travel tray holds more than a small yarn stuff sack. The travel tray has stiffeners around the bottom and at the midpoint, so it's designed so you can fold the top half down over the bottom half; with knitting supplies, this makes it more of a yarn bowl. With the top half folded over, it's easier to see the contents. Also, the travel tray diameter is larger than that of the stuff sack. I'm not sure you could use the stuff sack as a travel tray because it doesn't have the stiffeners. The photos in the TB Flickr stream may help clarify the differences between the two.

Leave a comment:

• Shiva
    started a topic Travel Tray vs Yarn Stuff Sack

Travel Tray vs Yarn Stuff Sack

Hi Folks:

in terms of function, how different is the Travel Tray from the small yarn stuff sack? i have two of the latter, and if I can use them as travel trays that would be ok with me. Can't tell if there is any substantive difference....thanks
Working...
X