Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,777   Posts: 190,672   Members: 6,660   Active Members: 268
Welcome to our newest member, JFlyer.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hanging toiletry bags (preferably USA made)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pretzelb
    replied
    I use the 3D Clear Organizer on trips and in my daily gym bag. I love it. I used to have the old LL Bean kit you mention and I just laugh at myself for how wasteful I was in the past. It does take some adjustments so it's not for everyone. I do have to refill the containers fairly often but other than that I love how it easy it makes life on the road. I found a travel toothbrush, and when possible I use hotel soap. If I need other stuff like suntan lotion I buy it upon arrival. I might be a little crazy but I thank the TSA for making the 3-1-1 rule and forcing me to find a better way. I should say, if not for the hook on the 3D Clear Organizer I might change my tune.

Leave a comment:

• thorn
    replied
    Target has decent options.

Leave a comment:

• Moose
    replied
    Macgirl I've successfully used a Side Effect as a tioletry bag. I love that it can do double duty.
    Take care
    Moose

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Originally posted by Eire View Post
    I have found the Clear Quarter Packing Cube to perform wonderfully as a toiletries kit. It has two see-thru sections and a hanging loop. If I need to seperate items further, i use clear organiser pouches. Made in the USA by Tom's peeps
    The Clear Quarter Packing Cube is the item many of us use as toiletries kit.

3D Clear Organizer Cube: TOM BIHN

Many owners of the 3D Clear Organizer Cube use it as their 3-1-1 bag, it hangs via the side O-rings with the help of a Key Strap or a Simple Strap

If you have a lot of things to organize, I suggest a Packing Cube Shoulder Bag: TOM BIHN

The Packing Cube Shoulder Bag can hold Four 3D Clear Organizer Cube a well as Organizer Pouches which you can order in different colors for coding/sorting.

Leave a comment:

• lonestar6
    replied
    This is a nice bag although it was given to me as a martini kit. Gin on one side, vermouth on the other, clapsable martini glasses and shaker with a jar of olives inside. Napkins and toothpicks in the lid. Just add ice. I have good friends :-)
    Originally posted by Shiva View Post
    I found this made by Victorinox at REI that comes closest to the old LLBean one: Victorinox Hanging Toiletry Kit - Free Shipping at REI.com
    but not made here...

Leave a comment:

• Eire
    replied
    I have found the Clear Quarter Packing Cube to perform wonderfully as a toiletries kit. It has two see-thru sections and a hanging loop. If I need to seperate items further, i use clear organiser pouches. Made in the USA by Tom's peeps

Leave a comment:

• bltkmt
    replied
    I would not discount the Red Oxx one for size limitations...it holds a lot of stuff. In fact, I tend to not use mine on shorter trips because it is too big. It is tough and well thought out, as is most of their stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Shiva
    replied
    I found this made by Victorinox at REI that comes closest to the old LLBean one: Victorinox Hanging Toiletry Kit - Free Shipping at REI.com
    but not made here...

Leave a comment:

• Shiva
    replied
    have you looked at Eagle Creek hanging toiletry bags? I am not sure if they are made here or elsewhere. Personally, I don't believe that all things made abroad are crappy or made in sweatshops; anymore than all things made in USA are made well, or made in reasonable work conditions. There are very few Tom Bihns around: I support them for their quality, their commitment to craftsmanship, and unusually good working conditions. Timbuk2, and Patagonia also come to mind. I believe that if TB was to locate in India, they would follow the same ethical practices; and I would buy from them cos we know this about them!
    Did not mean to get on a soap box...but...
    The 3D organizer cube does have a hanging hook, but the old LLBean design is a favorite of mine too.

Leave a comment:

• Macgirl
    replied
    Thanks for the suggestions! I've checked out the Red Oxx offering but felt that it didn't offer the amount of storage I needed, nor did I care for the layout of the organization. I do like the Timbuk2 Burrito also. It's Made in China but at least I feel like Timbuk2 is somewhat "responsible" and fair to it's China partners/workers. Hopefully.

Leave a comment:

• dang
    replied
    Originally posted by WhiteStar View Post
    Isn't that what the Kit is? Or is it too small?
    The kit can be used as a small dopp kit but yes, it is a little small, at least for me.

Leave a comment:

• WhiteStar
    replied
    Originally posted by dang View Post
    or even a standard simple dopp kit with a zipper down the middle.
    Isn't that what the Kit is? Or is it too small?

Leave a comment:

• dang
    replied
    Originally posted by Macgirl View Post
    I'm in desperate need of replacing an old hanging toiletry bag and I would love to find one that's made in the USA. I'm basically looking for something similar in layout/design of the LL Bean medium personal organizer but unfortunately they are imported, along with every other one I find! Would love to see one done by TB !! I travel mostly by car so I need something that will keep my things organized so when I reach my destination I can just pull it out and hang it in the bathroom. And thanks in advance for any help!
    I own the red oxx trifold which is a hanging toiletry kit make in the usa. Really nice and made in lots of colors, however it's pricey. It will probably last forever however as it's very well made.

I too wish Bihn made a hanging toiletry kit, or even a standard simple dopp kit with a zipper down the middle.
    Last edited by dang; 07-16-2012, 08:19 AM. Reason: fixed typos

Leave a comment:

• Macgirl
    started a topic Hanging toiletry bags (preferably USA made)

Hanging toiletry bags (preferably USA made)

I'm in desperate need of replacing an old hanging toiletry bag and I would love to find one that's made in the USA. I'm basically looking for something similar in layout/design of the LL Bean medium personal organizer but unfortunately they are imported, along with every other one I find! Would love to see one done by TB !! I travel mostly by car so I need something that will keep my things organized so when I reach my destination I can just pull it out and hang it in the bathroom. And thanks in advance for any help!
Working...
X