Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,995   Posts: 193,761   Members: 6,894   Active Members: 244
Welcome to our newest member, gojonnie.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to pack a Smart Alec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pretzelb
    replied
    If I had to guess I would say 2 Aeronaut small would fit with room to spare for other stuff. I own the SA and the small packing cubes but I use them in my Aeronaut. You might have better luck with stuff sacks since the SA has an irregular shape. The bottom of the bag flares out and can really hold a lot so anything that is shaped like a rectangle or square isn't going to fit easily. You could probably fit a lot more in the SA if you rolled your clothes and put them into the bag instead of trying to use a cube. I haven't tried it, just thinking out loud.

For excursion trips I bet you could get by with the Synapse. The SA would be better when only taking one bag on a short trip since it does hold a lot.

Leave a comment:

• bchaplin
    replied
    Originally posted by jilytibrme View Post
    Come on folks, help him out
    Cheers
    Thanks!
    I am not sure why my postings always come across as if I'm a guy, but in fact it's the opposite. Not that it matters for answering this question, but I wanted to point out that I am female.

Leave a comment:

• jilytibrme
    replied
    bchaplin,

I'm interested in feedback also. I have a Synapse, it holds an amazing amount of stuff. With it, I would be comfortable using on multi-day trips, using the clothes rolling method of packing. I travel with these as well iPad, iPhone, chargers, shave kit, marmot light light rain jacket, water bottle, etc...

Come on folks, help him out
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• bchaplin
    started a topic How to pack a Smart Alec

How to pack a Smart Alec

I am considering the Smart Alec backpack for certain trips where I want to travel light, or at least as an excursion bag if I want to leave my main suitcase in the hotel and take a short side trip. (I am NOT an ultralight traveler!) If it is not holding any computer equipment, which packing cubes, and how many, fit well in this bag? I would appreciate insight from those who have used it.
    THANKS!
Working...
X