Selecting a new computer bag for daily and travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selecting a new computer bag for daily and travel

I have been using the original Ristretto with my MacBook Air for daily and travel (2008). It is sometimes just too small. (so is the MacBook Air) So I upgraded to the rMBP this week. I now need a new bag and that is why I am back here!

I fly 8 to 12 trips a year and typically pack pretty light but I worry more these days about computers and stuff gettting lost. I am looking to carry the rMBP an iPad and a couple of folders, AC adaptor, iPhone. The Ristretto will do that without much trouble but not enough protection.

I have been looking at the CheckPoint Flyer and JUST DISCOVERED the 15in Cadet. With the Cadet Cache it is TSA friendly, and I feel a lot better about the kit being protected.

I do not see any other bags that "keep the laptop connected" to the bag for speed and safety.

So for space the Checkpoint Flyer for size the Cadet.

What am I missing?

I have looked at the Buzz but I am fussed up about pulling the computer out for TSA.

Bob

Well the CheckPoint Flyer won the lottery... Ordered this morning!

Comment

Originally posted by bobfa View Post
      Well the CheckPoint Flyer won the lottery... Ordered this morning!
      I think you've made a great choice: the Checkpoint Flyer has more capacity than the Cadet. The main compartment of the Checkpoint Flyer will work great for your papers/file folders and the iPad. Will you put your iPad in a Cache or some other protective sleeve you already have?

Let us know what you think of the Checkpoint Flyer once you receive it!
      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

I have a book like folder for the iPad that should have that problem covered.

Seems like the CF is popular, you folks ran out of the color I selected first.

Comment

Originally posted by bobfa View Post
          Seems like the CF is popular, you folks ran out of the color I selected first.
          It is indeed popular: apologies that we ran out of your original color choice!
          Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Working...
          X