Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,501   Posts: 187,535   Members: 6,460   Active Members: 327
Welcome to our newest member, knelby.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple Inserts Bags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Inserts Bags?

I'm putting together a package for my photography, and a bunch of the stuff I do involves, also, computer work.

I have an Empire Builder (which I've had for 5 years and barely shows wear), and a Brain Cell for my older MacBook Pro 2007 (the older version of the Size 1, I think). I'm thinking about getting an I-O Bag along with a quiver.

Will all of this fit into an Empire Builder, even if I don't decide to lock one of them down, or would I need a new bag? I'd prefer to find a way to keep them all together, mostly due to possible travel issues.

Thank you for your help.

Originally posted by Mephron View Post
    I'm putting together a package for my photography, and a bunch of the stuff I do involves, also, computer work.

I have an Empire Builder (which I've had for 5 years and barely shows wear), and a Brain Cell for my older MacBook Pro 2007 (the older version of the Size 1, I think). I'm thinking about getting an I-O Bag along with a quiver.

Will all of this fit into an Empire Builder, even if I don't decide to lock one of them down, or would I need a new bag? I'd prefer to find a way to keep them all together, mostly due to possible travel issues.

Thank you for your help.
    We were able to fit the Size 1 Horizontal Brain Cell and the Camera I-O in the Empire Builder, but both were empty. If you packed the Camera I-O really full and it bulged out a little bit, it might not fit. There isn't any room leftover for the Quiver.

I know it'd be a new bag, but I'd recommend taking a look at the Brain Bag: it will easily fit your MacBook Pro in a Vertical Brain Cell, the Camera I-O, the Quiver, and there would still be room leftover. See:

Click image for larger version

Name:	examplecameraiobrainbag.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	288393
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Just as sort of a follow up:

I am in a similar situation looking for a bag that can fit both the laptop insert as well as the camera insert. I greatly prefer messenger style bags which is why I was looking at the ego, super ego, etc..

I notice that the volume of the super ego is higher than the empire builder, would it be able to fit both inserts (no quiver)?

Thanks

Comment

...Ooh. That would be nice.

(I really do love my Empire Builder, despite the one physical flaw it has that I've never been sufficiently worried about to contact anyone about to get fixed, but the Brain Bag might just be the big winner now...)

Comment

Working...
        X