Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,523   Posts: 187,767   Members: 6,485   Active Members: 310
Welcome to our newest member, questah043.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use a Co-Pilot as a purse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heynurse
    replied
    Ohhhhhh how about a cache wrapped in dyneema!

Leave a comment:

• Heynurse
    replied
    I flip flopped for a long time between the imago and synapse. Ended up going with the imago. The dyneema is what lit the fire for the synapse. I love it on the bags as well as the pouches. In fact if I had to do it over again I probably would have not gotten the small Padded OP and got an all dyneema one, my cables and shuffle would have been safe in one and the padded now seems overkill and adds a little to much thickness. I love the clear dyneema too, I do find the clear a little, sticky?? Not sure right word but I notice it grabs a little more on the bag and other pouches, any one else notice this?

Leave a comment:

• dorayme
    replied
    The all Dyneema versions are very packable, but the piping that is sewn in gives them body enough to stand on their own. They are also extremely light, and as you have observed, the fabric is slick.

I understand your sentiments on all Dyneema bags, at first I wasn't a fan either. Then I got my first shop bag. The rest is history. I really like Dyneema as an exterior fabric now. Fwiw, though I like the all Dyneema co-pilots, I chose steel ballistic /uv Dyneema. I wanted to use my co-pilot as a micro briefcase. I preferred the ballistic exterior for that "look".

If I were carrying it as a purse, I would possibly prefer Dyneema, because to me the Dyneema ones look less like luggage/briefcases.

Leave a comment:

• Hollie
    replied
    The do Dyneema versions of things feel that different? The first time I saw the fabric on the website, over a year ago, I didn't like it very much, but it's really grown on me. I love the Dyneema interior of my Synapse. I'm curious what an all-Dyneema bag is like.

Leave a comment:

• Lani
    replied
    Originally posted by kmcg View Post
    I use my dyneema co-pilot as kind of a hybrid purse/briefcase, and really love it.
    I, too, have the Dyneema version, and I use it as a purse/briefcase when I need to carry a little more than my Packing Cube Shoulder Bag will carry. It's awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Hollie
    replied
    I love that way of looking at it! They will last longer, and have friends. Yes, with friends we all last longer, don't we?

Leave a comment:

• dorayme
    replied
    I like Opal.
    My cork Swift is Corky, and my Black LS is Cesar Desparado, my Black Bag.
    The others are currently unnamed, but definitely not unloved and used. Yes, it is true that when you add more bags, they may all get a little less use. It's not like cheating though, think of it as life preservation. They will last much longer by occasionally getting a break. They also won't be lonely. It all works out in the end.

Oh and Heynurse, yes, you made a magnanimous mistake! Maybe you can make it up to your wife by placating her with some Tom Bihn of her own, a Cafe bag or Little Swift goes a long way towards healing wounds. . .

Leave a comment:

• cucciasv
    replied
    I've been using my Co-Pilot (black/steel) as Murse for a couple of years. I alternate with my Ristretto for iPad (steel/iberian). I use an iPad constantly, and of course, both are perfect.

My B.A.S. (Bihn Acquisition Syndrome) kicked in once again last week. After having purchased an Aeronaut (steel/ultraviolet) and a Brain Bag (steel), I ordered yet another co-pilot on Friday! (Arriving 5 days, this Friday - oh, the pain).

THIS Co-pilot is in Iberian Dyneema/steel. I love the Iberian Dyneema ... wish I had some underwear or T-shirts made in this fabric! This Co-pilot will strictly be used as a "tech and cable bag" for my Apple consulting and teaching gigs. I have all kinds of cables, adapters, do-dads, and other things to carry. I've been using a tool bag kind of thing but it's too bulky ... besides, it's a good excuse to assuage my B.A.S.

Someone please help me!
    I have BAS (Bihn Acquisition Syndrome)!!

Leave a comment:

• Hollie
    replied
    Well the really dorky thing is that I sort of feel like I'm cheating on my Synapse by getting the Co-Pilot.

I just remind myself that it's easy to use both. We're planning a trip to California in the spring for a week to visit my husband's parents, and I'm thinking of trying to go with just the Synapse and the Co-Pilot (and various pouches, of course - and possibly the Side Effect because that thing is just awesome when traveling).

Leave a comment:

• pocketsize
    replied
    You're not a dork. I think we all name things that we are particularly attached to-it makes everything seem human. My MBA is called "Featherweight", my ipod classic is "Widdershins". I haven't thought of a good name for my LCB.

Leave a comment:

• Hollie
    replied
    I named her Opal. She isn't the usual opal color, but I love how opals look like there all these beautiful things hidden inside.

I'm a dork.

Leave a comment:

• dorayme
    replied
    Hollie, what is your Synapse named? I named my Cork Swift, and my Black Little Swift.

Leave a comment:

• Hollie
    replied
    I just ordered it, so I will definitely let you know! And yep, I got the Black/UV. Purple is my most favorite color in the world, but the black exterior is so great for everyday because it's a nice neutral, so having a bag with black exterior and purple every time I look inside makes me very happy.

I love using my Synapse everyday, but for many around town things like going to the movies, it's kind of big and I think especially in restaurants and theaters they look at me funny, like what is the deal with the big bag, lady?

Instead of upgrading to the Absolute strap, I just tacked one on as extra, so that way I can try out both and see. I do love the Absolute strap on my large cafe bag, but sometimes I have wished for the thinner one, so this way I can have a choice.

Now it's just a matter of WAITING.
    Last edited by Hollie; 09-08-2012, 03:47 PM. Reason: iPad typos!

Leave a comment:

• gochicken
    replied
    Which color are you getting? Black/UV?

Leave a comment:

• Rocks
    replied
    Originally posted by Hollie View Post
    Thanks for the links, and for the comments! I'm going to go ahead and order one! It will be a great addition to my TB travel collection, and I think it will be awesome for road trips, train trips, plan trips, pretty much any time I need to be in travel-mode longer than an hour.

I'm still not sure I'm ready to give up my Synapse as my purse (I love my Synapse, I'm embarrassed to admit I've even named it), but the Co-Pilot will still be a great addition even if it doesn't end up as a purse.
    I call my Synapse Conifer Synapse, so I get naming it, lol. I'm curious to hear your report on the Co-Pilot! It's the one shoulder bag that calls to me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X