Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,525   Posts: 187,782   Members: 6,486   Active Members: 307
Welcome to our newest member, ozzyrussell.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aeronaut, Tri-star, or WF..Oh My!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeronaut, Tri-star, or WF..Oh My!

From reading reviews online and browsing the TB web site, I've recently been bitten hard by the Tom Bihn bug! Now, I need some help in figuring out the right cure for my condition...

In about two weeks from now, I have a business trip of three cities in three days. Starting at home in SFO, then going to Nebraska, Kentucky, and Ohio, before coming back home. Almost every flight is a 1-stop, so they'll be lots of moving through airports, hustling between hotels, meeting rooms, etc. This trip will be followed by similar trips in the coming months.

In the past, I've always been a luggage checker. But I'd like to go carry-on only. I recently purchased a Briggs and Riley roll-aboard, and I think a Tom Bihn bag would be the perfect addition. i was thinking Tri-Star, but sadly it seems to be out of stock until after my trip! So, I'm now torn between the other options. I'll be travelling with a Macbook Air, Ipad, headphones, some business papers, toiletries, underwear, and probably three button down shirts and one or two pairs of pants. The business meetings are all pretty formal, so I might even consider bringing a suit.

Between the Aeronaut, Western Flyer, or holding out for the Tri-Star (not that I really want to wait), I'd love to hear any suggestions!

Thanks,
    Peter

Petersw,

I'm sending you a PM. Please let me know if you get it.

Tlacltme

Comment

Originally posted by petersw View Post
      From reading reviews online and browsing the TB web site, I've recently been bitten hard by the Tom Bihn bug! Now, I need some help in figuring out the right cure for my condition...

In about two weeks from now, I have a business trip of three cities in three days. Starting at home in SFO, then going to Nebraska, Kentucky, and Ohio, before coming back home. Almost every flight is a 1-stop, so they'll be lots of moving through airports, hustling between hotels, meeting rooms, etc. This trip will be followed by similar trips in the coming months.

In the past, I've always been a luggage checker. But I'd like to go carry-on only. I recently purchased a Briggs and Riley roll-aboard, and I think a Tom Bihn bag would be the perfect addition. i was thinking Tri-Star, but sadly it seems to be out of stock until after my trip! So, I'm now torn between the other options. I'll be travelling with a Macbook Air, Ipad, headphones, some business papers, toiletries, underwear, and probably three button down shirts and one or two pairs of pants. The business meetings are all pretty formal, so I might even consider bringing a suit.

Between the Aeronaut, Western Flyer, or holding out for the Tri-Star (not that I really want to wait), I'd love to hear any suggestions!

Thanks,
      Peter
      I think the TriStar would be best if you want to carry just one bag, if you can wait, that is! If you plan to take the roll aboard as well I would consider the Western Flyer with the rolling luggage sleeve. On its own the WF might be a little on the small side for your needs.

Comment

There are no guarantees of course but TB often gets items back in stock before the time listed on the page. Before you give up on the TriStar I would email or tweet just to get some idea. Who knows? Can't hurt to try.

Comment

My TriStar should be here by Wednesday. It has been on backorder since 9/3. I would suggest giving them a call and see what they could work out for you.

Comment

Just an update...In the end, I emailed Tom Bihn and it turned out that the bags were back in stock. So I'm now the proud owner of a Tri-Star in Aubergine/Wasabi.

Thanks to everyone for the help and advice!

Comment

@petersw - I hope you post some pics! We'd love to see your beautiful new Tri-Star!

Comment

Working...
              X