Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,777   Posts: 190,651   Members: 6,657   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, frogmore.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some help for the decision: ego or super ego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by karlimann View Post
    as per ups tracking the ego arrived today at home.

But unfortunately I'm not at home the whole week, because of SAP stuff.

Oh my god, how should I survice these hard times....
    How did you make out with your Ego??
    Owner, Fool On The Hill Recording, Nashville TN

Comment

I'm back! :-).

Almost 9 years later, and almost nothing has changed. I still don't know which Tom Bihn Bag I should buy. After all these years I don't use messenger bags very often, I changed to a more Rucksack-Guy. But I still own my Ego from 2012. This is really impressing how good that was made, because after a little cleaning the bag looks like almost new. But, as I said, I don't use it any more. Now I'm looking for a bag back as a daily carry, and I not sure, 19 or 25l Synapse. Or even the luminary 15? I think that the Synapse looks better. But is it more comfortable for daily use? I have to watch the review from chase another time. And think about it for a while, but summer is coming, ahh, is here!

Karl

Comment

Welcome back, Karl! (Sagt man "Willkommen zurück"?) What do you plan to carry in a backpack? Maybe we can help you narrow down your choice.

It is impressive that your Ego from so long ago is still in such good condition! That's something I really appreciate about TB bags.
        I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Comment

Willkommen zurück is ok :-).

For a daily use I need not that much: iPad 12,9, some ink pens, big wallet, some airpods, iphone, my "taschenbegleiter" and some other small things. But from time to time I carry my 13" MacBook. I think at the moment that the Synapse 19 is the best solution.

Comment

A Luminary 15 would certainly hold all of that, but if you like the Synapse's looks better (and all its pockets) then the Synapse 19 would be a better bag for you!
            I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Comment

Oh, a fellow German, welcome back!

I only have a Synapse 25 but the DNA is the same as the Synapse 19. I really like the great organization especially for all the small things you want to have with you every day. The Luminary 15 has less organisation as it just has three small pockets (one of them inside). On the other hand, a clear advantage of the Luminary is the padded compartment for a small laptop or a tablet.
              ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!)
              current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Comment

oh, a German moderator! Servus :-) (Ja, bin aus Franken).

thanks for your hints. So I think I'm going to take a further look at the Synapse 19. Unfortunately there is still no German reseller, so I can't take a look at the bag before buying.

And the thing is: there are at the moment so many backpacks outside, so that is very hard to choose one. At the moment I use a peak design bag. That's a great bag, no question, but for daily use without a camera not so useful. But when I'm on a photo tour, nothing beats the peak design. So I need another backpack for daily use. And I think you all know chase Reeves on youtube. Again, there are a lot of bags outside.
                Last edited by karlimann; 07-01-2019, 01:54 PM.

Comment

oh, a German moderator! Servus :-) (Ja, bin aus Franken).
                  Great wine region! I am from Baden (another great wine region)

Unfortunately there is still no German reseller
                  Yes, that‘s too bad....

And I think you all know chase Reeves on youtube.
                  I absolute love his reviews! No matter what he reviews it‘s always great fun to watch.
                  ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!)
                  current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Comment

Working...
                  X