Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,743   Posts: 190,294   Members: 6,602   Active Members: 258
Welcome to our newest member, Hokie12.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washing my shop bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washing my shop bag

I noticed my shop bag has a black mark on it that I can't seem to wash off. It is not sharpie. Any suggestions?

Could you post a picture? It would help to see what the substance is.

Comment

Here you go!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1683.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	803.3 KB
ID:	288471

Comment

I would start with cool water, ivory soap or baby shampoo and rub the cloth together gently. That is what I do for my tents (all 14, TB is not my only obsession). Do you know if it is a food stain or soil/dirt or mold? If it is the latter you will want to hit it with vinegar.
        HTH

LS6

Comment

Can you tell us more about the time you discovered it? What did you transport just before finding it?

It looks like mold from transporting something. It seems to originate inside the bag, am I right?

I think Lonestar6 has great answers. You could try those then see how it goes during the weekend, if the stain is still there let us know, by Tuesday, the Crew might see this and give you a better answer.

Comment

I am pretty sure you and backpack are right that it is a stain from mold. I don't remember what I had in there or how long it had been there (which makes me a bit annoyed with myself as I am usually more careful with my things)

I have a ton of baby shampoo (and vinegar!) and will try both of those tomorrow.

Thanks!

Comment

The baby shampoo is for clearing out the stain. Vinegar supposedly stops mold from spreading, if that is indeed mold. You can do a web search to determine the strength of vinegar to use.

Good luck and don't beat yourself up too bad. This is after all a shopping bag.

Comment

Working...
              X