Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,998   Posts: 193,786   Members: 6,895   Active Members: 240
Welcome to our newest member, Kimiko.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Western Flyer internal pockets what?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I am a nut. I returned my new Dyneema Tri-Star I hadn't used yet, and traded it for one of these. I can definitely tell the rolling upright version is much lighter.

All in the name of research. Of course. ;-)

I will be using this new one in my upcoming cruise. I'll report how it goes.

Comment

You will like the light weight of the WF rolling luggage model in dyneema.

I guess I am a nut, too. I returned a WF backpack in dyneema nordic blue for a Tristar in dyneema nordic blue. I am worried about how heavy it can get. It is easy to overpack. My goal is to keep my load, bag weight included, to under 15 lbs. But I once loaded my ballistic navy/iberian aeronaut with 40 green mangoes, just over 30 lbs. I carried it onboard the plane .

Comment

Lani, I'm happy to help you with that WF roller version if it doesn't work out for you. #takeonefortheteam

Comment

Originally posted by TavaPeak View Post
          Lani, I'm happy to help you with that WF roller version if it doesn't work out for you. #takeonefortheteam
          I was thinking the same exact thing, only directed toward Walker if the Nordic Tri-Star doesn't work out
          Enlightened traveller since 2009

Comment

@lotuseater, the Tristar is sitting snug inside its TB shipping box. I hope to test it next month on a 4-, maybe 5-day trip. We'll see.

How do you eat a lotus?

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              How do you eat a lotus?
              Thanks for asking, Walker. The term comes from Greek mythology, and was referred to by Tennyson and James Joyce, among others. Explorers discovered a people who enjoyed the lotus plant. They were invited to partake, and it made them forget their troubles. As one who deals with the TSA and the airlines weekly, I use it as a metaphor to rise above the discomfort of modern travel, and find pleasure in the experiences of wherever I find myself.

But if you were to take it literally, I'd say "with the biggest blissed-out grin".

Good luck to you with your maiden voyage with the dyneema Tri-Star. I look forward to hearing how it goes. Fat Crip gave a great recommendation on another thread about how to load the packing cubes to prevent a bulge in the middle. I downsized from a ballistic Tri-Star to a ballistic Western Flyer a couple of months ago to reduce the weight over one shoulder, but switching to dyneema would cut the empty weight without restricting the volume from a smaller bag.
              Enlightened traveller since 2009

Comment

Working...
              X