Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,824   Posts: 191,291   Members: 6,694   Active Members: 260
Welcome to our newest member, willydgil.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To: Conceal Organizer pouches with Handle Loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To: Conceal Organizer pouches with Handle Loop

The Tom Bihn Handle Loop can be used to conceal any of the Organizer Pouches inside your pants. Shown here with the Pocket Pouch but could be used with any of the smaller organizer pouches.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	309269

Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	309270
    It can be pulled out for easy access.

Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	309271
    and tucked into a pocket to give would be pickpockets an extra challenge in "safe" areas.

That's a good idea to use the handle loop like that. I don't wear a belt, so I've been attaching the pocket pouch to one of the belt loops on my jeans.

Comment

Brilliant!
      Eat well, travel often.

Comment

Originally posted by helen_uk View Post
        That's a good idea to use the handle loop like that. I don't wear a belt, so I've been attaching the pocket pouch to one of the belt loops on my jeans.
        Lucky!! I belong to the group of people that cant get away without wearing a belt, in the shower water falls unimpeded from my shoulders to the ground!

Comment

Wait, how did you do that x-ray photo?
          --------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by bltkmt View Post
            Wait, how did you do that x-ray photo?
            Photo booth for iPad.

Comment

Originally posted by Miking View Post
              Lucky!! I belong to the group of people that cant get away without wearing a belt, in the shower water falls unimpeded from my shoulders to the ground!
              I also suffer from the "decreasing circumference" problem, although my issue starts at the waist.

Comment

Nice use of the loop strap! I'm glad you posted this, since I've been too lazy to take good photos of my technique for a similar trick. I do a similar thing, but use a key strap with a split ring attached. (I have some photos, but they're too yucky to post with pride (and the "x-ray" shot is so awesome it would put normal images to shame.). To do the key strap+ring method, snap the entire clip off of one end of a key strap, then slide a split ring into the loop. I have a mini pouch with the clip snapped off, but the tiny plastic ring remaining, that I use for a wallet. The strap gets threaded around my belt, clipped to my wallet (aka, mini solar dyneema pouch), then tucked inside my waistband. I've done this for weeks while travelling in sketchy areas, and it's worked out well. I'm amazed at how comfortable it actually is. It really disappears. Like with the loop strap it can still be attached while the wallet/pouch is in a pocket. One advantage may be the ability to slip the strap on and off without removing the belt. On the other hand, using the loop strap may be more airport security friendly than a metal split ring in your pants! I don't want to have to explain that to the TSA.
                > SIQUID WESTERN FLYER NON CAPIT, DOMI RELINQUENDUM EST.

Western Flyer (ballistic backpack), MCB (parapack/dyneema), Pilot (ballistic), Cache (6Z), Travel Tray, Packing Cube (WF large), Pouches (clear, dyneema, cork, padded, large, small, medium, mini, nano), Pocket Pouch, Absolute Strap (curved), Tri-Power Whistle, a bunch of Key Straps (8" and 16")

Comment

Hmm, does anyone know if the Pocket Pouch holds a passport? The dimensions seem to be quite close...

Comment

Originally posted by henryjin View Post
                    Hmm, does anyone know if the Pocket Pouch holds a passport? The dimensions seem to be quite close...
                    No, it's too small for a passport. The 'opening' would fit something that's around 58mm - a little bigger than a credit card.

Comment

Originally posted by helen_uk View Post
                      No, it's too small for a passport. The 'opening' would fit something that's around 58mm - a little bigger than a credit card.
                      Aw, that's too bad. Thanks for the info though - I guess you could still do the handle loop thing with the passport-specific RFID pouch.

Comment

Working...
                      X