Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,630   Posts: 188,957   Members: 6,612   Active Members: 296
Thunder
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, Thunder.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pilot or Cadet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hamiltee View Post
    HYPEractiv, is that the Steel/UV Pilot combo? Could you by chance post some interior shots of the UV? :-)
    @hamiltee for pictures of the Steel/UV Pilot with some interior shots of the UV, check the pictures gochicken posted yesterday to the The New Pilot Available for Pre-Order in January 2014 thread.

Comment

Trevorro, has there been any change in your opinion about using the Dyneema Pilot with Cache for your 15" MBP with Retina Display? Is the fit truly practical for everyday use? Because your post is really tempting me to buy the exact same setup for my 15" Retina. The pocket arrangement is just so much better than the Cadet, particularly the water bottle pocket. Is it still "nothing but breezes?"

Originally posted by Trevorro View Post
      I got my Black Dyneema Pilot last night — what a beautiful bag — and one of the first things I wanted to check was whether a 15" Retina MacBook Pro in a TB cache would fit in the main pocket. Much to my pleasant surprise, it fits perfectly (things are tight in there for sure, but nothing is visibly stretched), and the rail system works like a dream!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5496[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by flyleaf View Post
        Trevorro, has there been any change in your opinion about using the Dyneema Pilot with Cache for your 15" MBP with Retina Display? Is the fit truly practical for everyday use? Because your post is really tempting me to buy the exact same setup for my 15" Retina. The pocket arrangement is just so much better than the Cadet, particularly the water bottle pocket. Is it still "nothing but breezes?"
        I no longer carry my RMBP 15" every day - I'm an iPad Pro guy now. But whenever I do haul the Pilot / MPB combo it's breezy as it was when the bag was brand new!

Comment

I received my Cache for the new 2016 15" Touch Bar rMBP the other day, and thought I'd upload a few pictures to show it in the Pilot. I think it fits just fine. I really dig this setup. I know these are subtle variations of each other, but I like being comprehensive. The laptop is in the Cache in each of these pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02887.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	336.4 KB
ID:	300844Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02891.jpg
Size:	274.3 KB
ID:	300845Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02892.jpg
Size:	280.8 KB