Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,744   Posts: 190,301   Members: 6,604   Active Members: 256
Welcome to our newest member, IJPWilda05.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Synapse 25 and Packing Cubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synapse 25 and Packing Cubes

I'm really considering the purchase of the Synapse 25. I saw on it's page that they recommend a Tri-Star Medium Packing Cube for carrying an extra set of clothes for a carry on. They do say that this is for the elastic pocket on the inside, but I'm not too concerned with a packing cube fitting in there.

Does anyone have any experience with Packing Cubes and the Synapse 25? Is a bigger packing cube going to work?

I have both a medium Tristar packing cube and a Western Flyer packing cube backpack and they both fit in the Synapse 25. You have to scrunch the PCBP a little. But it works. I used both in my Synapse 25 for two weeks and it was my only bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocks View Post
      I have both a medium Tristar packing cube and a Western Flyer packing cube backpack and they both fit in the Synapse 25. You have to scrunch the PCBP a little. But it works. I used both in my Synapse 25 for two weeks and it was my only bag.
      I was planning on using the western flyer packing cube backpack inside of the Synapse 25 as a daypack when traveling as well. When you say you have to scrunch it to fit, I'm assuming you can pack it full. Does it take up much more room than a regular packing cube since it has straps? By any any chance do you have any pics you can post with it inside of the synapse 25? Thanks.

Comment

For a recent trip I used two small Aeronaut packing cubes and was happy to be able to move them around inside my Synapse. I also had a 15" laptop and other things.

I'm taking another trip next week and I'll likely use the TS/WF PCBP for my clothes because I'll have more outfits and fewer electronics.

TL;DR version: depending on what else you're packing, you may want one large cube or a few smaller ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's my setup. It was fun to recreate because it reminded me of how well organized I was on my trip to Italy, a feat I'm unaccustomed to in real life
          Here's the WF PCBP, inverted. It can fit a Tristar medium packing cube and a PCSB, with some overlap.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	291473

And here it is, zipped up and snug in the Synapse 25.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	291474

Comment

Working...
          X