Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,827   Posts: 191,321   Members: 6,701   Active Members: 267
Welcome to our newest member, StatsChick.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damaged New Smart Alec :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damaged New Smart Alec :(

Hi people-of-Tom-Bihn!

I've recently purchased the Tom Bihn bags of my dreams after a (really) long period of deliberation and was super delighted to receive them. However, after a few days of use, I realized a few defects/ damage. Could you guys tell me if it's repairable, and if so, how?

1. There's a patch on the exterior of my Smart Alec where the ballistic nylon is obviously damaged- it has no sheen and is a shade lighter than the rest of the material.

2. The seams on my bag straps seem to be coming undone- there is fraying.

I've only very lightly and carefully used my Smart Alec and am devastated that it's already showing signs of damage...

Have you contacted customer service?
    It's the weekend and you might not get a reply till Monday or Tuesday if they're swamped, but they'll be more than happy to help.
    They'll be able to get a better idea of what happened if you can send photos of the damage/defect and perhaps a more detailed description of how you've used the bag so far, like what you placed in them, and where you took your bags.

Comment

Yup, contact CS. Here is a link to the snippet on the FAQ about damaged bags
      TOM BIHN: FAQs

Comment

Yikes, that definitely sounds weird/wrong/suss… if you could, please send photos to [email protected] (you can 'cc me: [email protected]) as we'd definitely like to see exactly what's going on here.
        Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Working...
        X