Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,743   Posts: 190,294   Members: 6,602   Active Members: 258
Welcome to our newest member, Hokie12.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Boardman's "Aeronauts in Italy"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob Boardman's "Aeronauts in Italy"

In his beautiful picture, is the church on the left side the Val Gardena Gröden Chiesa di San Giacomo St.Jakobskirche? I want to visit the places pictured. I've been to Santa Maria del Fiore and the Rialto. Turin is coming up soon. I'm just not sure on the church. If this is the one, then that's only a couple hours away and easy to get to and just off the highway from Bolzano.
    Last edited by dnarud13; 04-26-2014, 08:12 PM.
    [2004] Brain Bag (w/Lg. A45 Packing Cube, Snake Charmer, Q-kit & 2 Brain cells)
    - [2010] Aeronaut45 (w/Absolute, 1lg/2sm Packing Cubes, Travel Tray PCSB, Passport Pouch & 3D clear cube)
    - - [2013] Co-Pilot (w/S.O.S. strap, Cache, Clear Org wallet, 3D mesh cube, whistle, Sm. COP's & Q-kit)
    - - - [2015] Tristar (traded for A30)
    - - - - [2016] ID, Aeronaut30 (w/Absolute & Lg. Aether cube), Side Effect
    ___________________________________________ "Be excellent to each other."

Originally posted by dnarud13 View Post
    In his beautiful picture, is the church on the left side the Val Gardena Gröden Chiesa di San Giacomo St.Jakobskirche? I want to visit the places pictured. I've been to Santa Maria del Fiore and the Rialto. Turin is coming up soon. I'm just not sure on the church. If this is the one, then that's only a couple hours away and easy to get to and just off the highway from Bolzano.
    A very belated (my fault - so sorry!) response to a wonderful question. Below is an answer from Bob's family:

The church is Saint Jacobo in the Val Gardena in the dolomites. It was on part of the Saint Francis of Assisi walking path (that I think goes all though Italy). It was not on a road. That was a magical day. We just took off walking and discovered it. Bolzano was the biggest city, a few hours away. We stayed in Ortiesi and walked to Selva that day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bobchurch.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	292879
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

With an even more belated reply... Darcy, thank you for confirming this with his family for me. I can understand the magicalness of this place. We had an amazing day driving the loop in the Dolomite's.
      Lago di Carezza Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of WP_20140906_13_26_49_Pro__highres.jpg
Size:	225.4 KB
ID:	293476
      On the path back down from the church. Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of WP_20140906_18_06_59_Pro__highres.jpg
Size:	220.8 KB
ID:	293477
      Passo Sella Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140906_16_24_01_Pro__highres.jpg
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	293478
      Last edited by dnarud13; 10-12-2014, 09:09 PM.
      [2004] Brain Bag (w/Lg. A45 Packing Cube, Snake Charmer, Q-kit & 2 Brain cells)
      - [2010] Aeronaut45 (w/Absolute, 1lg/2sm Packing Cubes, Travel Tray PCSB, Passport Pouch & 3D clear cube)
      - - [2013] Co-Pilot (w/S.O.S. strap, Cache, Clear Org wallet, 3D mesh cube, whistle, Sm. COP's & Q-kit)
      - - - [2015] Tristar (traded for A30)
      - - - - [2016] ID, Aeronaut30 (w/Absolute & Lg. Aether cube), Side Effect
      ___________________________________________ "Be excellent to each other."

Comment

Working...
      X