Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,777   Posts: 190,657   Members: 6,660   Active Members: 268
Welcome to our newest member, frogmore.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Packing Cube Backpack in a Smart Alec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't see the pictures, either and would love to see them

Comment

Originally posted by kkintea View Post
      Can anyone who can see @mjpinter's photos repost them? I've tried different browsers, and I'm only getting 'invalid attachment'.
      Originally posted by Shiva View Post
      I can't see the pictures, either and would love to see them
      @kkintea, @Shiva I just tried to take a look at some other pictures that @mjpinter posted in other threads, and as far as I can see, none of her attachments are currently available. I also can't find any of them by doing a search in the Attachments forum, which is why I did a quick search of her various threads by memory where there were posts. All of the ones that I checked have the attachments gone. Very weird.

moriond

ETA I haven't been able to recover pictures by using Google's cache of the web pages, either.
      Last edited by moriond; 09-13-2014, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Bummer! Do you recall any other threads with pictures on packing a smart alec?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Comment

Originally posted by kkintea View Post
          Bummer! Do you recall any other threads with pictures on packing a smart alec?
          @kkintea, Yes, certainly. There was the blog post that showed Darcy's response (in pictures) to packing cubes that worked well inside a Smart Alec (and also linked to one of the earlier forum threads that discussed this. There are also some great links in posts in the Organizing the Smart Alec thread, including one to the blog post with video about packing the Smart Alec for a hike. Those were all done before the Daylight Backpack was issued, and you could certainly pack a DLBP inside a Smart Alec in place of using a Packing Cube BackPack. I'd probably add that I'd bet you could insert a Travel Laundry Stuff Sack, too (even the larger size for the A45), since the TLSS for A30 could be squooshed along the bottom of a DLBP or PCBP for TS/WF (but might bulge a lot if totally stuffed).

HTH moriond

P.S. I wonder whether there are forum backups tof the attachment pages? I'd have to ask the support personnel, but I think they may not try to exert control over material posted by users (who might want to take down material).

Comment

Working...
          X