Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,777   Posts: 190,657   Members: 6,660   Active Members: 268
Welcome to our newest member, frogmore.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Synapse 19 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by invisible View Post
    Does the laundry bag size a30 fit in the bottom pocket?

Just got to decide navy /iberium or black /iberium....
    If the TLSS A30 is completely stuffed, then no, it won't fit into the bottom front zippered pocket of a Synapse 19. It pretty much swells the bottom pocket of a Synapse 25 if it is completely stuffed. In the same fashion, a packing cube shoulder bag can fit into the bottom front pocket of a Synapse 25 but not in the front pocket of the S19 (@terayon's detailed response notes that this can fit into the main compartment)

Iberian is pretty striking as an interior, so your color choice sounds good. Here are a few more threads that describe accessories for the Synape 19: the blog post on what fits in a Synapse 19 and the What are the best organization accessories for a Synapse 19? thread. I think the condensed summary replies you've been getting have you pretty well covered, though.

HTH moriond

Comment

I might end up getting a s25 for 1 bag traveling later on. That's why I asked. I have my list narrowed down a bit. I think im going to go with stuff sacks rather than cubes for now. Tom bihn you need to open a store in the UK lol everyone has been really helpful and since I haven't seen the products it makes a big difference.

I just like navy and black and I can't decide lol

Comment

Quick question. What laundry stuff sack would fit in the main compartment of the s19

Comment

Quick question. What laundry stuff sack would fit in the main compartment of the s19
          @inivisible, You might be able to fit both size TLSSs would fit into the main compartiment of the Synapse 19, but I think the TLSS for the A30 would be a better selection, and the TLSS for A45 might have to be squooshed from its cylindrical shape to fit into the S19. (I'm guessing that, because @Badger can fit an 8" diameter Travel Tray inside the TLSS for A45, and the depth of the S19 is given as 7.9".) See my pictures starting with this post (#10) in the Laundry stuff sacks are here thread. If the laundry stuff sack bag is fully stuffed, you're likely going to have to carry it vertically inside the main compartment. (The Synapse 25 is a bit wider, so you can lay the TLSS for A30 horizontally along the bottom of the bag, but I think a fully stuffed TLSS for A45, which I don't have, would have to go in vertically into both bags, and might not easily fit into the S19).

The TLSS for A30 is taller and narrower than that travel stuff sacks. If you want a stuff sack with similar cross section but slightly larger capacity, and a single compartment, you could try a tall yarn stuff sack (6 liters vs the 5 liters of the TLSS A30 and size #4 Travel Stuff Sack shown in the pictures of my linked thread). See @Badger's The Travel Laundry Stuff Sack as ultralight overnight bag thread for pictures of the TLSS for A45. It may help you to think about capacity: the TLSS for A30 is 5 liters (similar to a Size #4 Travel Stuff Sack), while the TLSS for A45 is 9 liters -- or nearly the size of a Co-Pilot (10 liters). The Synapse 19 volume is 19 liters. You can drop a Co-Pilot into the main compartment of a Synapse 25. You could also put a Co-Pilot into a Synapse 19, but you'd have to turn it sideways to fit it in, since it's too wide to fit into the bottom of the narrower S19.

@Badger could probably answer questions about the TLSS for A45.

HTH moriond

Comment

I might get a a30 one when I like the colours. I want to get an a30 bag later as well so would be good. I just like the idea of them better than a stuff sack because of the divider.

I have also place my first tom bihn order!!!

Comment

I might get a a30 one when I like the colours. I want to get an a30 bag later as well so would be good. I just like the idea of them better than a stuff sack because of the divider.

I have also place my first tom bihn order!!!
              Congratulations on your first order. BTW, the TLSS for A30 (and for A45) comes in all Dyneema colors now (steel, ultraviolet, iberian, and wasabi). It's just the initial offering that was only available in Steel and Ultraviolet.

moriond

Comment

Too late now anyway. I'll wait till my wallet cools down I think.

I decided to get the s19 in black/ iberium. I also got the 3d mesh organiser cube, size 1 and 3 tss, small padded pouch, key straps and utility straps

Comment

Also the travel tray

Comment

Working...
                  X