Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,767   Posts: 190,595   Members: 6,651   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, learn2route.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3-1-1 Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3-1-1 Bag

I just got an A45 with the 3D Clear organizer cube. Does anybody else find the cube just a hair smaller than other 3-1-1 bags? I haven't done real measurements, but it feels like it's a little more snug than my other ones. Definitely more sturdy than other 3-1-1 bags I've had, but between my shaving stuff and my medications, it's just a bit tighter than others I've used. Anybody else feeling the same thing? Does anybody use a different 3-1-1 bag? Thanks.

Yes, I find that the regulation Ziploc bag is slightly more spacious, and I often end up using that instead, unless I'm traveling really light. (Which I never am.)
    I did turn the 3D Clear organiser cube into my bag for chargers, and they fit perfectly. I even throw the camera flash cards and other small peripherals in there. I find the visibility really helps, because I'm constantly extracting things from it and putting them back.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Comment

I've found the wider dimension of the 3D clear to work well for my 3-1-1 things. (Everything fits just fine, now that I don't have to carry contact lens solution after Lasik.) I have skin/perfume allergies, & must carry my own lotion, shampoo, full-size deodorant, etc. for the duration of my trip - that 3D is packed full. But I find the 3D works fine for me. I carry second small bag for dry & misc. personal items.

I like the durability of 3D over a baggie, and LOVE being able to clip it to my carryon bag as it goes through the scanner. No more loose 3-1-1 bags! The Dyneema version does well in wet bath conditions, and it stands up easily on a bathroom counter. I carry an extra Ziploc baggy, in case I meet a super-fussy TSA person, but have not used one in the past few years of domestic/international travel. 3D has been a great solution for me.

Comment

Yes, I do find that the 3DCOC is smaller in practice than the maximum allowed by the 3-1-1 rule. I still personally use mine as a 3-1-1 more often than not, but it can be challenging. I basically have shrunk all of my liquid toiletries, and any non-liquid toiletries go elsewhere. That includes my toothbrush, razor, comb, travel shower puff, etc.

The wife likes the 3DCOC, but thinks it is a little too small for her toiletry wants/needs. She will give it a try in a few weeks, but if she can't fit her stuff in then I think she will use a big ziploc bag stuffed into one side of a Snake Charmer, with all of our non-liquid items in the other side.
        Last edited by itsablur; 09-04-2014, 08:57 AM.
        Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Comment

I can fit 3 2oz GoToobs in the 3D clear cube, which is all I need in addition to a mini toothbrush and toothpaste. Oh, a GoTub fits in there too.

Comment

Thanks all. I think I'll try using the small GoToobs and see if I can fit stuff in there. If it were just toiletries, I'd be fine, but I have a couple of inhalers that I'd prefer to fit in the same bag just to avoid having to declare them at the checkpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by HNH21 View Post
              Thanks all. I think I'll try using the small GoToobs and see if I can fit stuff in there. If it were just toiletries, I'd be fine, but I have a couple of inhalers that I'd prefer to fit in the same bag just to avoid having to declare them at the checkpoint.
              That's another kettle of fish. I use a separate 3D mesh cube for medications. I also have 2 inhalers, allergy pills, and prescription pills. All that would be a tight fit in the 3D clear cube.

Comment

I still keep a ziploc bag in my carryon. Albuquerque and San Diego have each stopped me and not allowed my TB as a 3-1-1. They said it had to be a quart size water-proof sealed baggy, no larger and no smaller. They wouldn't allow the TB because they felt the zipper wasn't waterproof and that the bag wasn't exactly 1 quart. So...although I usually use mine, I keep a ziploc in the bag just in case.

Eta: Chicago Midway stopped me once too, but I had a ziploc with me as a back up, so I dumped everything into it and was good to go.
                🐝➰

Comment

I am a huge fan of this.... I carry shave cream, shave lotion, body wash, moisturizer, deodorant travel size, toothpaste travel size, allergy pills, tylenol and a few other small things. I have crammed it full lots and always surprises me what fits in it
                  I think they are best

Comment

Originally posted by Melissa View Post
                    Albuquerque and San Diego have each stopped me and not allowed my TB as a 3-1-1. They said it had to be a quart size water-proof sealed baggy, no larger and no smaller.
                    Where were these guys a few months ago? I was at the airport in West Palm Beach, and the women in front of me had a GALLON Ziplock bag filled with toiletries. She said she was rarely stopped, and no one batted an eye that day!

Comment

Working...
                    X