Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,777   Posts: 190,657   Members: 6,660   Active Members: 268
Welcome to our newest member, frogmore.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to take off extra straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to take off extra straps

Hi guys - quick question - how do you take off the extra straps from the bag?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by moriond; 09-15-2014, 01:37 PM. Reason: Edited thread title

Ok I think I've figured it out, but now I have another question...sorry...

Beneath one of the straps, is a clip type thing. Almost looks as if a pen can go through (it's clearly not for a pen), what is this for?

Comment

What bag do you have? Can you include a picture of what you're referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by TorontoSS View Post
        Ok I think I've figured it out, but now I have another question...sorry...

Beneath one of the straps, is a clip type thing. Almost looks as if a pen can go through (it's clearly not for a pen), what is this for?
        @TorontoSS My guess is that you have a Synapse, and that you 're looking at the clip for holding a hydration tube. That's also removable.

HTH moriond

ETA: Take a look at the Synapse - use of clip on straps thread. Is that what you mean?
        Last edited by moriond; 09-15-2014, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Yes that's very helpful, thank you. I do have a Synapse 19. Just got it today (wonderful). I am stuck trying to take off the sternum straps however, I got the waist ones off. But will try the link you added.

Comment

i checked the link out, the extra thing is exactly what you thought it was.

Comment

I got the straps off! thanks for your help!

Comment

For more information, here's a video that shows how to remove the waist straps that use the Gatekeeper clips:

Using the Gatekeeper Clips on your Tom Bihn Bag - YouTube

For the sternum straps, the clips that secure them have a diagonal slash, similar to the one on the underside of the hydration clip. I couldn't quickly find a picture, but slip the edge of the straps that are securing the sternum straps through that diagonal break in each clip, and wiggle them slightly, and you'll be able to take the sternum straps off.

HTH. I edited the title of your thread and post to refer to removing "straps" instead of "tags". hope that's OK.

moriond

BTW There's an old @maverick video about the Synapse (on the product page for the Synapse 19) that gives a walk though of this bag and shows the straps, etc. There have been updated features since then (like the hydration clip, more O-rings in the front pockets,, webbing for attaching a guardian light at the bottom of the bag, addition of loops for securing a cache with rails to both the front and back of the inside main compartment etc.), but it's still a pretty good walk though introduction to the Synapse so you can view most of the straps and compartments. It's done in a different style from the video at the bottom if the Synpase 25 product page, which focuses more on what you can pack inside to utilize the space. I'll append it below

Last edited by moriond; 09-15-2014, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
                  For more information, here's a video that shows how to remove the waist straps that use the Gatekeeper clips:

Using the Gatekeeper Clips on your Tom Bihn Bag - YouTube

For the sternum straps, the clips that secure them have a diagonal slash, similar to the one on the underside of the hydration clip. I couldn't quickly find a picture, but slip the edge of the straps that are securing the sternum straps through that diagonal break in each clip, and wiggle them slightly, and you'll be able to take the sternum straps off.

HTH. I edited the title of your thread and post to refer to removing "straps" instead of "tags". hope that's OK.

moriond

BTW There's an old @maverick video about the Synapse (on the product page for the Synapse 19) that gives a walk though of this bag and shows the straps, etc. There have been updated features since then (like the hydration clip, more O-rings in the front pockets,, webbing for attaching a guardian light at the bottom of the bag, addition of loops for securing a cache with rails to both the front and back of the inside main compartment etc.), but it's still a pretty good walk though introduction to the Synapse so you can view most of the straps and compartments. It's done in a different style from the video at the bottom if the Synpase 25 product page, which focuses more on what you can pack inside to utilize the space. I'll append it below

Hey there - thank you for this! This is so helpful - yeah I figured out the steps later. Bought the bag into work today (black suit, orange bag, whatevs). And it did feel great. Will watch video this evening when I'm home and you're right the name of the thread should be changed. You know was sitting on a train thinking "what are those things called" and don't know why tags came up. Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
                  X