Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,735   Posts: 190,215   Members: 6,596   Active Members: 265
Welcome to our newest member, josha.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New zipper pulls on synapse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New zipper pulls on synapse?

Looks like there are the new gunmetal zipper pulls on this synapse? We know this was going to happen at some point - is this that time?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	411.3 KB
ID:	310937

Wow, sure looks like it! I haven't even been into TB that long, but I'm so used to seeing flipped zippers on this bag (and it suits the overall look so well, too) that I'm blinking a little in disbelief. At any rate, it looks good on the grey.

What I'm not looking forward to? JANGLY ZIPPERS and having to tie my zipper cords funny to silence them. (I think cutting the pulls and threading black cord may not lead to such a nice result due to the gunmetal zipper base...)

Comment

I think silver cord might complete the look pretty well. Black cord would just make the zip stick out sorely, pick a color that goes with the gunmetal zips.
      I quite like the new look though.
      Oh, and if you don't mind the look of the new zippers, but want to do something about the jangle, tying a short piece of cord at the point where the 2 metal parts connect should work. Kinda like adding a cord washer, and it won't change the look as much as adding full cords.

@adalangdon, are you going to get a new S19/25 to try? ^.^

Comment

Is it me, or does it look like UV peeking out from the top zipper, and wasabi from the bottom??
        Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Comment

Originally posted by icebeng View Post
          I think silver cord might complete the look pretty well. Black cord would just make the zip stick out sorely, pick a color that goes with the gunmetal zips.
          Oh, and if you don't mind the look of the new zippers, but want to do something about the jangle, tying a short piece of cord at the point where the 2 metal parts connect should work. Kinda like adding a cord washer, and it won't change the look as much as adding full cords.

Hehe, not unless it's Black/UV! I will try the piece of cord thing if that ever happens.

Comment

Originally posted by kkintea View Post
            Is it me, or does it look like UV peeking out from the top zipper, and wasabi from the bottom??
            You mean the red-coloured thing you're seeing through the top zipper? I think that's just the red apron...

Comment

It would be nice to have a few different color zipper pull options with the new zippers. Perhaps grey, red, navy or glow in the dark.
              If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.

Comment

Edit: what adalangdon says.

But it would have been fun with two interior colors for sure.
                Last edited by Ilkyway; 09-16-2014, 12:46 AM.
                “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Does this mean, all gray Synapses will have the new zippers or has this just started to come through? I was hoping to see customers pictures of the new gray for a while now, but now I have become downright eager to see some PICTURES.

Ilkyway
                  “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkyway View Post
                    Edit: what adalangdon says.

But it would have been fun with two interior colors for sure.
                    Imagine if each pocket opens to a different interior color!
                    Would be a nightmare for the crew in terms of construction though lol

Comment

Originally posted by wayoflife View Post
                      It would be nice to have a few different color zipper pull options with the new zippers. Perhaps grey, red, navy or glow in the dark.
                      I seem to recall that they were planning to put up different colored pulls for sale in the future. I'm guessing it would take a while more as there are quite a few new and exciting things coming up. Not to mention holiday season is approaching.
                      No, it's not too early to shop for X'mas gifts. (Especially if the 'gifts' are for yourself )

Comment

i just ordered a new s19 does this mean i get the new design? also what are the rest of the design updates do we know this yet?

Comment

Originally posted by invisible View Post
                          i just ordered a new s19 does this mean i get the new design? also what are the rest of the design updates do we know this yet?
                          Probably? You could drop CS an email to check. I don't think there are other design updates in your batch of bags, or else they would have announced them by now.

Comment

im not to bothered either way but i think i do prefer the zipper pulls. i think ill ask though just to check

Comment

Originally posted by icebeng View Post

This cord might work for zipper pulls depending on how it's installed. It's a reflective light charcoal color. It's thinner than paracord too.

Comment

Working...
                              X