Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,735   Posts: 190,215   Members: 6,596   Active Members: 265
Welcome to our newest member, josha.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New zipper pulls on synapse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yikes, can't say I love the look of that at first sight. Not that I mind snipping off the metal and replacing them with cord pulls, but the gunmetal bases kind of clash overall. Using mine for travel, I just don't want to draw attention to all those zipper pulls dangling off my back. Of course I've always felt the same about colored pulls too, probably not a popular opinion. It does look okay on the Grey, but I think I'm going to be kicking myself for not grabbing another BlackDyneema/Wasabi S25 before these updates. Oh well, guess I've always been a retro-grouch. Carry on, crew!
    Synik 30, Aeronaut 30, Road Buddy 60, TriStar, Monster Truck, Small Zip-Top Shop Bag, Side Kick, Side Effect, lots of accessories.

Comment

I don’t remember why this change was implemented, but seem to remember that they had a problem with the previous style zippers showing too much wear. I have the new style zippers on my Pilot and like them just fine, but I’m not so sure how I feel about them on the Synapse. On the Pilot they are just zippers, but on the Synapse they’re sort of a design element of the bag. However, if there is a quality related issue I realize the TB Crew had no choice but to make a design change, so I suspect we’ll learn to love them.

Comment

Bummer. I was hoping for the old zipper pulls as shown in a few pics Darcy posted of the new grey. I'm sure I can live with it though.

Comment

I'll be getting the old zippers on my S19

Comment

Pics of the new zipper style are up on the S19 page!
            The zipper tabs are definitely more obvious than before, but the look isn't bad, not for the Grey S19 anyway!

Comment

Hmm, I'm awaiting a new Olive/Ultraviolet S19; I'll find out Monday which zippers I have.....
              Eat well, travel often.

Comment

S25 page updated with new zipper style pics too!

Comment

Got my gorgeous new Olive/UV Synapse 19 today and it has the old style zippers, which I have to admit I'm happy about since I don't want to be all jangly!
                  Eat well, travel often.

Comment

@nukediver

I am glad you got the preferred version of the S19 you wanted!

Cheers!
                    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Comment

Working...
                    X