Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,637   Posts: 189,058   Members: 6,624   Active Members: 294
MartyAuste
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, MartyAuste.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

32oz hydro flask in as19?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

32oz hydro flask in as19?

As title really. Got my email confirmation that my S19 has been shipped so while I await my first tom bihn I've been pondering water bottle options. I really like the Hydro flasks but couldn't find any info on the 32oz wide mouth size and that seems the perfect size to me. So does it for comfortable or not?

Thanks

I have a 1L camelbak eddy and it fits if the main compartment isn't completely stuffed. It's a pretty big bottle.

I realize this is likely is not all that helpful to you....

:-)

Comment

Originally posted by invisible View Post
      As title really. Got my email confirmation that my S19 has been shipped so while I await my first tom bihn I've been pondering water bottle options. I really like the Hydro flasks but couldn't find any info on the 32oz wide mouth size and that seems the perfect size to me. So does it for comfortable or not?

Thanks
      @invisible Congratulations on your Synapse 19 order. I think the 32 oz Hydroflask might fit, but perhaps someone who has this size water bottle can answer you directly. You can read my post in this thread asking about the fit of a 40 oz. Hydroflask in a Synapse 25. This referenced links in other threads showing that the 40 oz. flask could go into a Synapse 19 water bottle pocket, but couldn't be zipped shut pictures by @Walker linked to), and also linked to a post by Tachiyaku that the height of his 21 oz. Hydroflask with cap was probably the maximum that would fit (into either size Synapse).

The only other comment I'd add is that if you use a Hydroflask with as wide a diameter as the 32 oz bottle, you may find that it bulges more into the main compartment of the Synapse than you would like. Basically, the Synapse will adjust the available room in each compartment according to contents. You might be able to get that volume of water carried without as much bulge if you go to a bladder type of container. I'll let other forum members report their experience. The linked post contains a graphic from the Hydroflask web site showing relative dimensions of their products,

HTH moriond

ETA: @carl0's post is relevant to my point, that you can probably fit that size Hydroflask into the Synapse water bottle pocket, but you may not be able to pack the main compartment of the synapse as full as if you used a smaller size Hydroflask.
      moriond
      Volunteer Moderator
      Last edited by moriond; 09-19-2014, 05:20 PM.

Comment

I have a 32oz hydro flask and a S19. I can take pictures when I get home from work tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Moosezilla View Post
          I have a 32oz hydro flask and a S19. I can take pictures when I get home from work tonight.
          @Moosezilla Always good to get the answer from someone in the know. The diameter of the 32oz Hydroflask is the same as that of the 40oz flask that could be fit into the pocket, but not zipped closed, and the height with lid is under the max that @Tachiyaku gave for his 21oz Hydroflask, so I thought this would work. Maybe you can comment on the impact on main compartment room in the S19?

Comment

this would be interesting to know. thanks Moosezilla

Comment

if it doesn't fit i was thinking of getting the 18oz wide mouth instead. I prefer the wide mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by carl0 View Post
                I have a 1L camelbak eddy and it fits if the main compartment isn't completely stuffed. It's a pretty big bottle.

I realize this is likely is not all that helpful to you....

:-)
                i plan to use it for day hikes as well so this is actually very helpful

Comment

S19 and 32oz wide mouth hydro flask.

It fits perfectly.

Front view with the bottle inside.

Not much bulge on the inside.

This is a shot with the S19 holding the hydro flask in the water bottle pocket and a North Face jacket and 13" MBP in the main pocket.

Hope that's helpful!

Comment

Great news and it seems to be a really nice fit. Thank you so much for the pics.

Comment

Working...
                    X