Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,625   Posts: 188,944   Members: 6,612   Active Members: 296
MBTRick539
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, MBTRick539.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darker Olive color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darker Olive color?

So, a while back I sold my Olive/Steel S19 because I wanted to try out the S25. I ordered the S25 in Olive/Steel since I LOVE Olive. Well, long story short, the S25 proved too big for my needs so I sold it and just ordered a S19 again. I picked it up last night before work but I noticed something funny...I ordered it in the Olive/Steel combo that I love, but the Olive looks darker than it use to. It's like there's more brown in it than there was. I remember my old S19 and S25 having a gorgeous green shine to it, but this bag looks more like...well...an olive. Just curious if I'm going crazy or if the new batch of Olive corder is, in fact, darker and more brown than past batches.

Originally posted by Moosezilla View Post
    So, a while back I sold my Olive/Steel S19 because I wanted to try out the S25. I ordered the S25 in Olive/Steel since I LOVE Olive. Well, long story short, the S25 proved too big for my needs so I sold it and just ordered a S19 again. I picked it up last night before work but I noticed something funny...I ordered it in the Olive/Steel combo that I love, but the Olive looks darker than it use to. It's like there's more brown in it than there was. I remember my old S19 and S25 having a gorgeous green shine to it, but this bag looks more like...well...an olive. Just curious if I'm going crazy or if the new batch of Olive corder is, in fact, darker and more brown than past batches.
    It's certainly possible! Cordura is easy to dye but batches do vary. E.g. there has been some variation in Steel cordura over the years, IIRC. I have an Olive MCB that is c. 2011/2 and it looks like an un-shiny version of olive parapack. Care to post a pic?

Comment

It's interesting to get different bags made with different batches of material. I just answered my own question by comparing a few Olive accessories to my beloved new S19 (which, btw, I'm glad I went back to). I'll go take some pictures now...hopefully my iPhone can capture the differences in the colors.

Comment

The new S19 and a key strap, small DOP, and 3D Mesh organizer cube. The accessories are the same olive color and the S19 is the different olive color. In the photos below, I tried to capture the difference in colors. The S19 looks more bronze than the DOP.

Comment

@Moosezilla I used to notice color variations in the different batches of plum Cordura they used over time. My favorite shade of plum was the deeper, bluer plum of the Buzz backpack I ordered in 2004. The reddest plum they had was from the time when the first generation Ristrettos were produced. So it's certainly possible that you're seeing differences in the olive dye lots used over time.

HTH moriond

Comment

My 2004 Plum MCB looks like a different color when compared to new Plum items. It seems to have more of a red cast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X