Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,777   Posts: 190,682   Members: 6,662   Active Members: 270
Welcome to our newest member, lesleypelka.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kindle Voyage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kindle Voyage

Hey gang,

Are there any plans to offer a Cache or pouch of some sort for the Kindle Voyage? I preordered one, and was looking at what's available now...The Small Padded Organizer Pouch and the 7" Tablet Cache are pretty close (the Voyage is 162 mm × 115 mm), but the 7" Tablet Cache is a bit too tall, and the zipper on the organizer pouch makes me a little wary because of how snug a fit it'd be (plus I'd prefer something vertical, if at all possible). Is there someone on staff who's as much of a Kindle fan as I am and can lobby for this?

I am hoping that some Ultrasuede or padded pouches for members of the Kindle family are forthcoming, like the ones for the Kindle Keyboard that were around a few years ago. I like using my Paperwhite naked, but it would be nice to have a pouch to protect it when I want to throw it in my bag and go. I have some small pouches and the Paperwhite can't fit, so I have doubts that the Voyage could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
      I have some small pouches and the Paperwhite can't fit, so I have doubts that the Voyage could.
      The Voyage's footprint is a bit smaller, but yeah, probably not enough to make a major difference.

Comment

I'm looking forward to updating my Kindle Touch and would love a good pouch option.

Comment

Just wanted to point out that the Side Effect -- at least, the versions in 400d Dyneema and Parapack, are actually a pretty good fit for the Kindle Paperwhite and Voyage. A special modified version with an Ultrasuede pocket in the main compartment on the side opposite the pockets would work for me. Switch the O-ring on that side to a close tab.

Kindle Paperwhite 6.7" x 4.6" x 0.36" / 169 mm x 117 mm x 9.1 mm
          Kindle Voyage 6.4" x 4.5" x 0.30" / 162 mm x 115 mm x 7.6 mm

moriond

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
            Just wanted to point out that the Side Effect -- at least, the versions in 400d Dyneema and Parapack, are actually a pretty good fit for the Kindle Paperwhite and Voyage. A special modified version with an Ultrasuede pocket in the main compartment on the side opposite the pockets would work for me. Switch the O-ring on that side to a close tab.
            I love my Side Effect, and it's great at the things that I use it for, but I think it would be overkill. Ideally I'd want something I can throw into my Medium Cafe Bag, and a Side Effect would take up entirely too much space. For reference, this is what I use now.

My ideal Kindle pouch would be a Cache sized to fit the current e-ink Kindle lineup; the size difference between the three models is negligible, so one size would be able to fit all just fine. Other things that would be nice to have, but not required, would be a zipper or Velcro closure (a little more security, but if tucking the flap in works for iPads and other tablets, it's probably fine for a Kindle; a snaphook; and an open pocket on the back for a charge cable (like the one on this iPad sleeve, which I use at home).

Fingers crossed!

Comment

I actually did a little research today at work (largely because I had absolutely nothing else to do) and took a look at the most popular e-ink readers currently for sale and not discontinued. Came up with this:
              • Kindle: 169 × 119 × 10.2 mm
              • Kindle Paperwhite: 169 × 117 × 9.1 mm
              • Kindle Voyage: 162 × 115 × 7.6 mm

• Nook GlowLight: 165 × 127 × 12 mm

• Kobo Touch: 165 × 114 × 10 mm
              • Kobo Glo: 157 × 114 × 10 mm
              • Kobo Aura: 150 × 114 × 8.1 mm
              • Kobo Aura H2O: 179 × 129 × 9.7 mm

All of these have six-inch screens, and are fairly similarly-sized. Perhaps there's a market for a generic 6" e-Reader Cache or pouch of some sort?

Comment

the medium padded OP was suggested to me when I was looking for a pouch for my kindle fire hd 7"

Comment

Originally posted by luvdabags View Post
                  the medium padded OP was suggested to me when I was looking for a pouch for my kindle fire hd 7"
                  Sure, but the medium pouch is going to be way too big for the e-ink Kindles. Did you order that before the 7" Cache was available?

Comment

Ha, so I just found the Nook Pouch. Might just get one of these unless Darcy pops in here and says there's a newer version on the way.

Comment

A modification of the Kindle Fire Pouch would seem the easiest way to go. Here are a few threads with pictures: Kindle Paperwhite…

This is the Kindle Paperwhite in the Padded pouch for the Kindle Fire/Keyboard

Here's the Kindle Paperwhite in the Cork version of the pouch for Kindle Fire/Keyboard (this is from my post that was in a separate thread, also linked in reply.

If you're thinking about the Nook Pouch, it will be shorter and wider. The tapered design of the Kindle Fire/Keyboard pouches made them better fits to the Kindle Paperwhites than the Medium Orgnainzer pouches. Here are a couple of pictures (of the Ultrasuede pouches: Cocoa for the Kindle Fire/Keyboard and Cayenne for the Medium Organizer pouch) to show the difference. (These are from my post in a different thread, and are related to answering whether other tablet pouches would work for the iPad Mini -- but you can see the two pouches side by side)

Click image for larger version

Name:	8174d1409082597-blues-reds-organizer-pouches-img_0873.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	404.7 KB
ID:	293390

HTH moriond

Comment

Thanks, moriond, very helpful. I wish they still made the Kindle pouch!

Comment

Now that I've had my Kindle Voyage for a week, I really love it, but I would very much prefer a better sleeve than the one I had to order from Amazon until TB (hopefully) gives us something. It fits well in the SE, and I would LOVE a SE with a Kindle pocket, but I'd also be very happy with a new Kindle Cache, especially if it fit within the SE (which I'd expect it could, albeit slightly tightly.)

Based on the dimensions, I think we might just need a non-zippered version of the Small Padded Organizer Pouch?

Comment

Oh I am looking so forward to exchange my Paper white first gen for a Voyage. For now I use the 7" Tablet Cache but as mentioned it is way too big.
                            “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post

Kindle Paperwhite 6.7" x 4.6" x 0.36" / 169 mm x 117 mm x 9.1 mm
                              Kindle Voyage 6.4" x 4.5" x 0.30" / 162 mm x 115 mm x 7.6 mm

moriond
                              A special Kindle friendly SE? I would buy this in a heartbeat--and in multiples. Possibly one in every color and more as gifts.

ps Yes I'm obsessed with my Kindle
                              Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

Comment

Working...
                              X