Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,638   Posts: 189,062   Members: 6,624   Active Members: 294
MartyAuste
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, MartyAuste.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brain Bag or Synapse 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brain Bag or Synapse 25

I've been looking for a new backpack for school for a couple weeks now. The Brain bag was my first choice but then I saw the black Dyneema/Ultraviolet S25 and almost fell in love. I'm turning to those of you who are more experienced to help! Which would work better for my needs? I'd mostly be needing to carry my laptop (15" retina macbook pro) an iPad air, 2-3 textbooks and 2-3 notebooks, various pens, pencils, and erasers, gum, glasses, headphones, two calculators and a clicker. I'd also need it to be big enough that i could bring my laptop, iPad, glasses and headphones and maybe 5-7 days worth of clothes whenever I travel back home. Thank you! Or if y'all have any other suggestions on bags or organizers/pouches I would love to hear those also!
    AlecLaurenti15
    Forum Member
    Last edited by AlecLaurenti15; 09-21-2014, 02:39 PM.

I think an S25 would work if your text books were not too thick or large.
    However, the trip home with 5-7 days of clothes may be too much if you were including shoes (do not know what size you would be carrying) and depending on what size clothes you take.
    For me, at 5'11" and broad shouldered with size 11 men's shoes, the S25 would only carry up to 2-3 days of cloths with shoes (casual).
    A packing list might help as someone could possible test pack an S25 and Brain Bag based on it.

The Brain Bag would work for any of your scenarios for sure IMHO.

But, if the Black Dyneema / UV S25 really catches your eye, try it first. One of the key things for me when owning a bag is to like the bag and enjoy how it makes me feel when using it. I can have the most practical and versatile bag - but if it is just not right for my frame or way I like to do things, it will stay on the shelf unused.
    Also, the Dyneema version has more "give" if needing to pack a little extra (won't look as nice, but can do it).

For accessories, the Side Effect is great to hold cables, power bricks etc. If you can get a Packing Cube Shoulder Back or the Packing Cube Backpack, they help with packing in either S25 or Brain Bag. I believe the either Tristar or Aeronaut one will work.

Hope this helps

Cheers!
    tpnl
    Volunteer *********
    Last edited by tpnl; 09-22-2014, 02:22 PM.
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Comment

The textbooks would be 1.5 to 2 inches each. I'm the same size as you. I don't know if I'd be bringing another pair of shoes other than what I'll be wearing, but if I did they would just be inov-8's so not too big and can be squished flat. My packing list would look something like this -
      1 pair of jeans, 3-4 pairs of shorts, 5 t-shirts, maybe one long sleeve shirt, 5 pairs of socks, and 5 pairs of underwear, along with my laptop and iPad, and maybe a few miscellaneous things. Thank you for your help so far!

Comment

Working...
      X