Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,827   Posts: 191,321   Members: 6,701   Active Members: 267
Welcome to our newest member, StatsChick.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RFID cases through screening devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RFID cases through screening devices

Has anyone had experience carrying an RFID passport & protective cover through any of the current screening devices? Do they set them off or do you have to put them through on the belt?

I was told to remove mine and place on conveyer belt. My guess is that it might set off alarms, but that's only a guess.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Comment

That is what I was figuring, thanks. I wonder if the passport itself sets it off, but that kind of defeats the protectiveness of the case.

I just get nervous being separated from it. One European cruise we were on took them away for the duration of the cruise. They did come back with a few nice stamps, though. Another time the entire plane was under house arrest, not because of something we did, but because of fog in SF and LA that delayed the flight. Ah, the adventures of traveling!

Comment

Originally posted by Seesul View Post
        I just get nervous being separated from it.
        I know what you mean. At least in airport security, you're right there, can stuff it in your jacket pocket. The first time I ever traveled with a passport was to Venice. The hotelier required the passport to register a guest with the polizia. I nearly had apoplexy then and there, being separated from it overnight. Many hotels I've been in since just require you to write in your particulars on hotel registration papers....
        The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Comment

Working...
        X