Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,827   Posts: 191,321   Members: 6,701   Active Members: 267
Welcome to our newest member, StatsChick.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Attach an A30 to a Rolling Bag Handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Attach an A30 to a Rolling Bag Handle

We're off to southern Mexico in a few weeks. My husband will use a small roll aboard. We have a 3hour layover in Houston and we typically walk the airport for the exercise. I know I will not be comfortable toting this bag either as a backpack or cross body during our long walk and want to stack it on the rollie. Any ideas about how to secure it?
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

monkeylady, I have a strap like this (actually I think it IS this) Samsonite Add a Bag Strap which I used to secure a messenger bag on top of a rolling suitcase. I think I got mine at a local travel store, but it looks the same as the Amazon one. I found it reasonably easy to use, and it definitely did a nice job of holding the bags together while walking through the airport.

I did find it a tiny bit fiddly, so I didn't hook the bags together until after I was through security, but it was easy enough to deal with getting on and off the plane.

Because the image/link may not be very clear: there is an adjustable, stretchy loop that goes around the top, non-rolling bag. Then set that on top of the rolling bag and hook it to the top handle of the roller.
    Rambling On. . . . .

Comment

Thanks bunches, Meglet! You have saved the day!

Comment

You're welcome!! I had a similar issue a couple years ago and traveled with the bags sans strap, after the first leg of my trip I spent the rest of the trip plus a few months afterwards searching for that solution. I've used it for non-airport travel as well, and it's remarkable what a difference a simple $15 strap makes!

Hah, I just noticed you're "local" to me! *waves at monkeylady*
        Rambling On. . . . .

Comment

i have the Travelon one that is listed under the one that Meglet listed and it also works. Same advice that she gave applies. Practice with them before you actually use them (whichever you get) because they are easier if you have done it a few times. My first TB bag (and how I discovered them) was his first checkpoint friendly bag. It held a much heavier computer and I attached it to a rollaboard that way. When you get the strap, actually roll the bags around so you know you have it securely on there and the bag doesn't shift enroute.

Comment

The other thing you can try is this:

1) Connect the backpack straps.
            2)Tighten them as much as possible.
            3) Slide the A30 over the handles of your wheelie bag with the handle going in between the A30 and the backpack straps.

It doesn't work on all bags but you might want to give it a go.
            Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers.

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Comment

Thanks a lot, you guys. I will try one of these suggestions out!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank II View Post
                The other thing you can try is this:

1) Connect the backpack straps.
                2)Tighten them as much as possible.
                3) Slide the A30 over the handles of your wheelie bag with the handle going in between the A30 and the backpack straps.

It doesn't work on all bags but you might want to give it a go.
                This method worked with my WF

Comment

I also have the Travelon version. It works fairly well.

There are 2 basic types of straps (as far as I know). One is designed to attach the top handle of the rolling bag, and the second bag sits next to the rolling bag. The other type of strap attaches to the extending handle of the rolling bag. The second bag sits on top of the rolling bag, leaning agains the extending handle bars of the rolling bag. The travelon type is this second type.

Everything will be more stable if your rolling bag has 2 upright poles in the extending handle (not 1 bar in a T shape) and if your rolling bag has 4 wheels instead of 2 wheels.

http://www.amazon.com/Travelon-12181...6E4BS5KKZ75CB3
                  What's better than o-rings? More o-rings.

Comment

Working...
                  X