Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,827   Posts: 191,321   Members: 6,701   Active Members: 267
Welcome to our newest member, StatsChick.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excess strap management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excess strap management

How do you guys deal with the extra length on the straps once adjusted ? I was going to do like my tactical gear and use electrical tape but there must be another suggestion lol

I use Velcro like this VELCRO U.S.A. INC "Get A Grip" Velcro, 3/4-Inch 12-Feet, Black (VEK90340) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000078CUB..._aZzlub18Y7K4T I got mine from Staples.

Comment

I use the Web Dominators recommended by someone else on these forums. Mine came from milspecmonkey. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to tie the first one but then it was a breeze. (I looked at a few pictures online. Maybe there was a Youtube vid, I don't recall. )

Comment

Originally posted by ToadStop View Post
        How do you guys deal with the extra length on the straps once adjusted ? I was going to do like my tactical gear and use electrical tape but there must be another suggestion lol
        Originally posted by haraya View Post
        I use the Web Dominators recommended by someone else on these forums. Mine came from milspecmonkey. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to tie the first one but then it was a breeze. (I looked at a few pictures online. Maybe there was a Youtube vid, I don't recall. )
        There have been a few different threads discussing strap management. The milspecmonkey link for web dominators can be found here. You can also look at:

For Waist straps on my side effect, where centered strap placement is not such an issue, I now use one of the shorter ends of the Smart Alec 1" Gatekeeper Straps as described in this post, but I don't do this for backpack waist straps.

HTH
        moriond

Comment

I've always used Web Dominators. They hold up really well. I slamed one in a car door once with no ill effects. I got mine at Supply Capitan. That was the least expensive place I found.
          Moose
          List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Comment

Web Dominators are a good item but when it comes to using them on the slack for shoulder straps I found that it was a net loss in terms of time & hassle compared to just leaving the slack free. Rolling up all the slack once shoulder straps were tight and then also remembering to unfasten them if I needed the slack to loosen the straps became tedious. Individual results will vary for the pro vs. con balance of those two options.

I ended up using free floating loop locs to keep the slack mostly out of the way when desired and they have no negative impact on freely loosening the straps when needed. It's similar to what's described in post #12 of the first thread that moriond linked above.
            Last edited by jujigatame; 10-02-2014, 09:40 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Thanks guys ! I will try thr Velcro or web dominator paths soon !

Comment

Working...
              X