Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,823   Posts: 191,279   Members: 6,721   Active Members: 266
Welcome to our newest member, willydgil.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Tom Bihn bag - Aeronaut 30 or Western Flyer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teaelleyou View Post
    Just called and they sold out of their last one just yesterday! NOOOOOOOOOO!! (dramatic much ) Now that I've seen how amazing the black dyneema/UV WF is I don't think I can settle for another color! I guess I'll have to wait and be Tom Bihn-less for another few months *sigh*.
    It wasn't me. I've seen pictures of Navy and it looks really beautiful. Plus, you can always add a black Dyneema/UV Side Effect.

Comment

I have said this before, but for me the backpack version is the best way to go. My first trip with my WF had me walking, bus riding, and more walking. Carrying it as a backpack made it all doable.
      Synapse 19, Travel Tray, PCSB, Daylight Briefcase, all in Dyneema, Side Effect and pouchmania

Comment

Originally posted by Pokilani View Post
        It wasn't me. I've seen pictures of Navy and it looks really beautiful. Plus, you can always add a black Dyneema/UV Side Effect.
        I've seen the navy in the store. I agree with Pokilani. NAVY is really the wrong name for the color IMHO. It's more like a darker Nordic.
        The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeylady View Post
          I've seen the navy in the store. I agree with Pokilani. NAVY is really the wrong name for the color IMHO. It's more like a darker Nordic.
          Originally posted by Pokilani View Post
          That's good to know! I guess I still have a little time to think about it - I'm going to Cancun at the end of this month and really wanted a TB bag for my trip so I might just do that....

Comment

See picture of "navy" on the Tristar page. There is a beautiful "navy" Tristar. The color is much brighter than navy.
            The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Comment

I pooh-poohed Navy at first, but was forced to order it for my husband. It is not your grandmother's navy blue! It's got depth and looks really classy. I'd call it a "bright" navy. It actually caused me to rethink my hatred of navy blue and I now own a linen dress in almost the same color. I still don't like the flat dull navies that seem to make up the bulk of dark blues, but TB ballistic navy is A-OK.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeylady View Post
                I completely agree with your assessment of Ballistic Navy, Monkeylady.

I just liked your post and my husband walked in the room, luckily he was looking for some power plug and did not look at my screen. To be sure, I followed his movement like a lioness follows grazing herds.

I also went to the store and Navy is my second favorite Ballistic color after Aubergine, I also love Steel. However, I only love UV or Steel lining.

I am now on a mission, to get Swifts and SEs in those 3 Ballistic colors with those 2 Dyneema lining.

As well as the Q-Kits in those 3 Balistic colors.

I was thinking of listing all the Swifts and SEs pairs by name but since I accepted the mission, the list autodestructed from typing.

I need to put my Ciinamon Carter, Dana Lambert, Lisa Casey or Mimi Davis cue to the awesome Lalo Schifrin music.

His music reminds me of the need to acquire the Swifts and SEs in different colors to suit every wardrobe mood and color.

He composed the music of Bullit and Dirty Harry, and he reused the popular Bullit car chase theme in Dirty Harry using a more rock/funk vibe.

Unlike the classy and classics filmed in San Francisco, including some Mission Impossible episodes, the watered down plot of Bullit and Dirty Harry makes it really easy to focus on the music and San Francisco.

Dyneema SEs are more 70's inspired, Ballistic more formal 60's and modern fabric 80's and Parapacks bridges the 60's and 70's as an outdoor fabric.
                Tom's genius is the design which transformed the extremely casual Cordura fanny pack like item into an Opera or Theater worthy clutch.

Tom did the reverse of the Bullit car chase theme making a 70's vibe bag into a 21st century clutch.

Comment

One other thought... Get the WF in Navy/30 and the A30 in Dyneema/UV. They are both available... As much as I love love love dyneema, I do love the ballistic nylon look of a larger bag. I have the A30 in Aubergine/Wasabi and I would only trade that for Aubergine/UV or Aubergine/Steel (ETA, meaning, I wouldn't trade it for the dyneema because I'm very happy with the ballistic nylon). The ballistic nylon seems to take on a gorgeous sheen in various lighting conditions.
                  Last edited by Pokilani; 10-10-2014, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Ballistic Navy is my favorite, hands down. A phenomenal sheen that catches light and just shimmers. I like it best paired with iberian or wasabi. But no matter what it is paired with, you seriously can't go wrong with ballistic navy
                    Last edited by Tlacltme; 10-10-2014, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tlacltme View Post
                      Ballistic Navy is my favorite, hands down. A phenomenal sheen that catches light and just shimmers. I like it best paired with iberian or wasabi. But no matter what it is paired with, you seriously can't go wrong with ballistic navy
                      Amen to that! My Navy/Iberian Co-Pilot is stunning
                      Family, Guitar, Design, Travel....get after it!

Comment

Thanks for the input guys! I'll probably end up getting the Navy Ballistic since I want to have something for my trip - I'll be sure to update with pictures when I get it

Comment

Gahh I spoke to soon! Went to order the bag and saw all the colors are now available to back order! Now I've been presented with too many options - I love that aubergine ballistic as well as still wanting the black dyneema!

Comment

Gahh I spoke to soon! Went to order the bag and saw all the colors are now available to back order! Now I've been presented with too many options - I love that aubergine ballistic as well as still wanting the black dyneema!
                            Navy (Ballistic Nylon)/Ultraviolet still shows up as in stock for me -- it's only the new color options that are back-ordered. You can call directly to confirm that this bag is available. And Navy Ballistic Nylon really is beautiful.

HTH moriond

Comment

Whoa, that's a lot of new colors! Nothing that tempts me away from my beloved Aubergine/Steel WF, though. I do like the look of that Navy/UV combo, or you could call the store to see if they have anything else on the wall. I remember seeing a few others there when I got mine, but that was a few weeks ago so there's no telling what has sold and what's shown up.
                              Rambling On. . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Meglet View Post
                                Whoa, that's a lot of new colors! Nothing that tempts me away from my beloved Aubergine/Steel WF, though. I do like the look of that Navy/UV combo, or you could call the store to see if they have anything else on the wall. I remember seeing a few others there when I got mine, but that was a few weeks ago so there's no telling what has sold and what's shown up.
                                Meglet, look a little harder. Something must be calling you. And I will be right here ready to take the Aubergine/Steel off your hands.

Comment

Working...
                                X